Friends?

by 4mylove 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I just noticed someone on another post call jw's from another location "friends" My jw friend would always bring that up when we would talk about traveling. If i wanted to go somewhere she would say i have some friends there, example Rio, oh i have friends there, switzerland, oh i have friends there. Come on......friends? They obviously don't know the definition of that word? Am i completely off base?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's what jws call other jws, "friends" or "the friends"

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Sometimes they confuse people they know as friends.

• iveseenthelight
    iveseenthelight

I only heard Jdubs referred to as friends in America, which I found quite odd. Didn't like it really as I like to chose my friends not have them forced upon me cos I have to like them as we believe(d) the same bullsh*t.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

When I was new, I would sit at the assemblies and feel wonderful because the whole stadium was filled with people who believed the same way I did.

And I remember a lot of witnesses saying that no matter where we went in the whole world, we would be among friends.

Now I know better of course.

sacrebleu

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

This never bothered me and still doesn't. I often meet someone from another place and just say, "oh yea I have a friend that lives there". This isn't just a JW thing either, I think lots of people do that. It would be like if someone mentioned this board, even though I don't know you guys really I would just say, "oh I am on there and have a lot of friends". Sure I am not anyone's friend on here it's just a loose expression.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit