WARNING! Cognitive Dissonance Ahead

by inkling 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inkling
    inkling

A few quotes from the response I got from my Dad to my
    "Tale of Two Cherry Trees" email on subject of Nov. Awake's
    comment on The Bible never being in conflict with science...

First off, he spends most all of the email talking about the mold/leprosy issue, and
    the flat earth issue, which are clearly two of the LEAST important (but easiest to offer
    apologetics for) of the long list I ventured, and makes the argument that what Jehovah
    gave them at the time was slightly more accurate than the nations around them.

----

"the oversimplified terminology WAS ADEQUATE for the situation at hand.
    The Priest was not a 'Scientific' Doctor, nor did he need to be."

"QUARANTINING was quite unique for the time. So, Jehovah was providing his
    people with Just Enough guidance to help them-- Not Scientifically make them superior."

"Jehovah is examining hearts - not brains!"
    "So, adequate detail was given, but He left room for their HEARTS to express themselves."

-----

and so on... nothing particularly surprising here, until I got to the next
    paragraph in the email:

-----
    "

You are 'tripping' over the Awake's statement: "But not once does the Bible make
    any unscientific or harmful statements"

I guess I have to keep reminding you (and myself) that Yes, that statement could
    be argued as not being exactly, precisely 100% "CORRECT".

Yet in another way, that statement IS TRUE...

So, actually that statement can be viewed as a true statement, if you just look for a simple,
    'human' application.

The Awake! and the Bible do not pretend to be written for physicists, or Very High level academics.

"
    ---

...sigh...

[inkling]

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    You are 'tripping' over the Awake's statement: "But not once does the Bible make
    any unscientific or harmful statements

That is so true, the bible speaks of a talking ass... I talk out of my ass all the time.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    That is so true, the bible speaks of a talking ass... I talk out of my ass all the time.

ROFLMAO

• Open mind
    Open mind

inkling's Father said:

The Awake! and the Bible do not pretend to be written for physicists, or Very High level academics.

Sounds like a back-handed compliment to me. I'm surprised he didn't quote Matt 11:25: "...you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes."

Yes inkling, all that fancy "book lernin' " is just another tool of the debil.

WT: The Bible is scientifically accurate where it touches on science.

inkling: Well, have a look at my e-mail.

WT: Oh. Uh. Well, OK you're just getting too smart for your own good. Stop thinking so much and start praying, going to meetings and reading and distributing litter-ature.

Catch-22.

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit