(Yawn topic) Your Favorite 80's shoe styles

by NotaNess 14 Replies latest jw friends

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

1) Reebok high tops with the tongue hanging out, and tight cuff jeans behind the tongue. (Any one want to start at Fav 80's Jeans Thread?? Don't make me bring up my tight Levis with comb sticking out of my back pocket to comb my Leif Garrett feathered hair style)

2) Checkered Vans

3) Valleys (think Don Johnson)

4) My first cool pair of sneakers - like 1980 when Kangaroos came out, they were like the first shoes with velcro tightening(no laces). Also had a zipper pocket on the side to hide money or something. Shoes can make you feel special when you're a kid.

5) Plain Converse

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

In Arkansas we don't wear shoes.....!!!!!

• monophonic
    monophonic

donde esta Creepers?

plain converse for skating, creepers for the club.

• prophecor
  • wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Ah yes the reeboks...I still had a pair in '03...just didn't wear 'em out of the house.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The two Bethelites on the cover of the Watchtower in one of the Watchtower cover parody threads got married after the guy proposed by taking the engagement ring out of the pocket in his Kangaroo shoe.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Plain Converse Gal here. Still wear them. But the knee Highs. (Must be white, Red or Black) My kids wear them too. Funny how that works. That and the Vans. I wore the Black Skater Vans and my son did too. Now my daughter is wearing the cholo shoes. (checkered and colored ones.)

Silly really.

Borrowed example from images*

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Prophecor! With those...You were the Bomb!! Whoot Whoot!!!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

wow, very cool. I've never seen knee high Converse before.
    I love the Nike hitops from the 80's- The ones Marty wore in "Back To The Future" would have been really sweet!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the 80s is when I found out about earth shoes - with the heel lower than the toe, and I remember some kind of sandals that everyone bought that had bumps on the sole inside to press on acupressure points. Can't remember what they were called. I hung out with a wierd bunch of people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit