Louisiana Redneck Decorating 101...

by wanderlustguy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Rough draft of my bedroom area. I still have to get a bed and pictures, etc for the walls. The main thing I wanted was to make the room feel warm...so what better to use than a little fire? I like neat looking lanterns, plus they were really cheap. Then a few candles, some in crystal holders, a little dark brown in the night tables and bedding, and there we go, a little more cozy.

the kitchen is supposed to be redone soon, unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get rid of the butt ugly refrigerator which is cream, everything else is stainless. But I think I'll be getting some stainless veneer to go on it...should work, huh? The picture is a $20.00 piece from IKEA, but it looks better than the price.

alt

alt

• watson
    watson

Serious LOL!!!!

• BrentR
    BrentR

Has it been feng shui certified yet?

• watson
    watson

Decor de Silence et de Lambs.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    Has it been feng shui certified yet?

You know that doesn't happen until you get the official "Bowie Knife" display set up.

• JK666
    JK666

I thought that redneck decorating always included the "Spool From The Phone Company as a Dining Room Table."

JK

• BrentR
    BrentR
    You know that doesn't happen until you get the official "Bowie Knife" display set up.

That would really screw it up. You would want to know about the clown that built it first.

Just a casual glance at the pics seem to indicate the shui is balanced but the feng is a little too "busy".

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

That would really screw it up. You would want to know about the clown that built it first.

Just a casual glance at the pics seem to indicate the shui is balanced but the feng is a little too "busy".

Like I said, it's rough still, really rough. The guy that was in it before was of Middle Eastern descent, very different idea of style for sure. Colors are crazy loud in parts, can't really see it with the lighting dimmed in the pics. I know jack squat about fun shui and figured you were being sarcastic.

On the knife thing...The Alamo movie that came out not long ago put a new perspective on that whole group of folks for me. It's tough to imagine going through that time, much less in those conditions.

Back to the subject, I do have my NASCAR Lounge Set on the way.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey I like it

a real bachelors pad,

cool........

purps

• BrentR
    BrentR

Me? Sarcastic?

But Bowie knives and a NASCAR theme is good start though. Then as funds permit you can tastefully work in a sound activated dancing bass wall mount.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit