ARE WE FRIENDS OR ARE WE MORE?

by Serena 28 Replies latest social relationships

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

RHW hit the nail on the head............you all need to run as fast and as far away from these guys as possible.............MOTHER will ALWAYS WIN!!!!!! Plus, they are probably all f'd up emotionally! Trust me when I say this, I was in the Tower for 25 years, you can do better than these guys!

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Ca Ca! I have to start looking at the dates to these things instead of just posting my thoughts! This IS an old thread! But, my answer is the same..............run like hell..............

Terri

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Poo Poo!

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I disagree, I was the JW in that same situation and I binned out on the religion to be with the girl.

Sounds to me like they are both young, probably early 20's if he has been working for 2 years since finishing his degree, and at a guess I would say he was brought up a dub and still lived at home.

If she can persuade him that there is no guilt in good sex and he can see that the religion is a crock of shit then she's onto a winner, but only if he is mature enough to leave it.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The "issues" still remain though, and it takes an age to become a whole person again - it's life changing, and not always what you want to see an individual change into.

I wonder how she got on, in the intervening couple of years.

My advice would always be "run". For the JW (usually a boy) it's a double life that he will likely have conscience problems with, for life.
    The compromises will usually be one way.

• sandy
    sandy

Ok so it's an old post...

My answer is break it off before you get too involved. In all liklihood this guy will choose his religion over you.

From what you say he doesn't seem anywhere near leaving the org. Eventually his guilt will get to him and he'll break up with you or he'll get caught and break up with you.

Many of us were in his shoes at one point in our lives. We know the power the org. holds over a person.

Well whatever you decide or decided... Good Luck!

• howdydoody
    howdydoody

Thanks for all of the posts, everyone. It has really helped me understand why I was feeling the way I was-- I AM NOT CRAZY!! You do not understand how great it is to say that!!

BTW, someone thought we were in out early 20's- I was, but he will be 30 this year. I will be 26. We both have been through a few long term relationships.

I have not talked to him in almost a year. I am still very sad that I am not a part of his life, but I am understanding more every day why I *literally* can't. I am also learning that my life can be lived with out him in it.

I am so sad that this religion could teach people falling in love with someone that is not a JW is wrong.

A

• Cherish
    Cherish

Hi Serena,

Just wanted to say Im going through a very similar situation myself. Hes a JW Im not, although I have been taking bible studies (not, I hasten to add to appear more alluring to him). Ive known this guy for around 10 years and hes been a JW for 8 years. He chats to me on msn and invites me round to his house at odd times in the night. The last time I went round we ended up passionatly kissing and talking about sex but we didnt go ant further. My head has been totally mashed since this as he says one thing but acts in a totally different way. I cant help feeling a little angry and upset at him but I also cant seem to keep away either. He snaps his fingers and I come running. At my age I should know better but I love the guy to bits. After reading this thread though I have decided I have to be strong and stop before it goes any further. I have no wish to be hurt by this guy and I have no wish to "lure" him away from his religion. I knew hin before he was a witness and tbh hes a better man with his faith. Im sad about it and I feel sad for anyone else in this prediciment too

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What happened to butalbee - that's what I'd like to know!

Slim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit