Though shalt not question ze tower

by jacethespace 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Well sometime ago when i was meeting at the kingdom hall i overheard someone whos been in the tower all his life say to someone " have you heard that the number of the annointed are going up and not down, people are saying they are of the annointed when they are not".Well since, i have spoken to an elder about overhearing this and all i got back was " no this person wasnt questioning the watchtower, just pointing out a problem".So they know this is going on and they dont even question anything.Its just so ridiculous for people who examine and scrutinze for study every word the wt puts out.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

or this post, apparently!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

aha! The post comes through.

Many witnesses have questions about the tower, but denial usually kicks in. When the truth about an issue is too painful to accept, sometimes it's just easier to ignore the truth and continue believing the lie.

• bite me
    bite me

"if the watchtower is wrong you are to wait and let Jehovah correct it"

That may not be the exact quote, but it is close enough. Anyway, what the heck, if any other religion made a so called error they (WTS) would put out the so called error and claim the religion is satan as they do with everything else that does not agree to their false teachings.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The #1 doctrine of the WTS isn't "God's Kngdom", it's loyalty. Not loyalty to some heavenly person, but to "the organization".

All other actions and doctrines spring from this one.

• fresia
    fresia
    aha! The post comes through.

Many witnesses have questions about the tower, but denial usually kicks in. When the truth about an issue is too painful to accept, sometimes it's just easier to ignore the truth and continue believing the lie.

and that's the truth.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Weak people cling to lies.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I'm not sure weak is the best word it implies something that can be overcome easily

Perhaps confused and sick would be more apt. They need a strong medicine/treatment to cure what they have

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

That is the standard response to a question that cannot be answered by referencing a watchtower.

Wait on jehovah! Don't doubt. If you doubt you must be spiritually weak!

It is a clever ploy. It means that very few will openly express their doubts otherwise they will be seen as spiritually weak, and not a good associate. It is a close jump from that to being DA'd or DF'd and let the shunning begin.

Emotional blackmail of the worst kind perpetrated by an organisation that professes to show love and compassion.

What a load of **************!!!!!!

• BIG D
    BIG D

IT MAKES ANYTHING HARD TO DO WHEN EVERY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY IS IN , NO MATTER IF YOU KNOW ITS A LIE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit