When the rules don't suit you, change 'em

by Jourles 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I still strongly feel 2014 will be a big phsycological barrier for many r&f

Oh yeah, I'm out and it will hit me too. 1914 isn't going away. That 100 year mark will be talked about I'm sure. For those who were in prior to 1995, I'm sure this date will land a harder hit to the gut than those who came later. But then again, the new change on the generation will also help disolve this timeframe seeing that it has nothing to do with the r&f anymore. That could be another reason for this change - to help reinforce in the r&f's minds that it never had anything to do with them in the first place. If they believe that line of bs, then the blunt force of that 100 year mark will not mean as much.

• dawg
    dawg

Come on guys... 2014 will mean something to believers? Homie don't think so, I don't play that! It will mean nothing to folks like my dad and mom, if Beth Siarm didn't mean squat 2014 won't. Just think of it, how many people would stay in a religion that built a home for the returinig prophets and when they didn't return the pres moves in-only those that will believe anything? I know If I'd of know this I'd of never been baptized. 2014 won't cahnge the minds of the believers

• TD
    TD

In line with the title of Jourles thread, I'm very curious to see what if any, "rules" will be changed regarding the great crowd doctrine.

Explicitly telling a group in 1935 that they are the "Great multitude" of Revelation ties them down to an untenable date just as surely as the "Generation" doctrine did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit