Exciting announcements at service meeting

by truthseeker 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Imagine all the gossip about the JWs now holding A.A. meetings in the KH!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

So is the Society gonna explain why those born after 1935 but who died before 2007 were just "born at the wrong time" to have a heavenly hope? What biblical reason is there to expect that the calling to the New Covenant would cease and then restart again?

• heathen
    heathen

Looks to me like they still can't get it right . The 144k are martyrs that die during the conclusion by the worlds political leaders that oppose the preaching work. They make up the first resurrection . The only way to know who the great crowd is,is when they actually survive the great tribulation and escape it by entering the kingdom of the heavens .IMO

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Does this also mean they'll have to completely rewrite the Revelation book, it being now mostly "old light"?

• oompa
    oompa

I am predicting big changes in the date 1914. wait and see....oompa

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Yes, but what has this got to do with the 'this generation' understanding? The Society have never officially linked 'this generation' to 1935. Are you suggesting that they are going to change the understanding of 'this generation' by saying that it means all anointed persons living during the last days (from 1914 of course)? To narrow it down to just the anointed like that would be very strange, and just another elitist ploy by the GB to elevate themselves in the minds of the rank and file (99.9% of whom have been deceived into thinking they are not anointed). Either way, the new understanding of 'this generation' from 1995 has already provided for a practically indefinite length of time for what a generation can mean. So any such change is probably more about getting ready for the time when Barr and Jaracz et al finally snuff it and all the anointed are relatively young in comparison. This would be seen as a ploy to set the stage for more younger anointed ones to take on positions of senior responsibility at Brooklyn, thats all.

The correct, and scriptural, thing for them to do is of course announce that all JW's should be taking the emblems whether or not they feel a heavenly or earthly 'calling'.

yaddayadda

• vitty
    vitty

I have already talked to my sister and daughter about the 95 generation change, neither of them even knew about it, as they were young at the time. I think I will take the opportunity to talk to them again on changing doctrines (before they have the announcement ) without telling them about the new changes and then when it happens hopefully alarm bells will start ringing

• JK666
    JK666

Isn't it amazing that "new light" comes more from a calendar than holy spirit?

JK

• snowbird
    snowbird

Pretty soon they'll be forced to make the announcement that they were wrong all along.

WRONG about the invisible enthronement in 1914.

WRONG about the two-classes of Christians.

WRONG about blood transfusions being banned by the Bible.

WRONG for mistranslating/twisting the Scriptures to fit their doctrines.

WRONG for applying the two-witness rule to child molestation

There are other errors also, but IMO these are the most egregious.

Sylvia

• sir82
    sir82
    So is the Society gonna explain why those born after 1935 but who died before 2007 were just "born at the wrong time" to have a heavenly hope? What biblical reason is there to expect that the calling to the New Covenant would cease and then restart again?

The 5/1/07 article isn't saying "the heavenly calling has started up again for the first time in 72 years".

It is saying, in effect, "we goofed, and the calling never ended in 1935 after all. It seems there have been newly anointed ones all along."

Of course, the words "we were wrong", "apology", etc. would never appear in print - you have to read between the lines.

Imagine the effect this must have on the hundreds or thousands of persons who felt they were really anointed, but hounded, harrassed, and virtually persecuted by the elders, trying to convince them otherwise, and who were marginalized as "spiritually weak kooks" by the R&F.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit