A Nice Welcome For All Our Newbie Friends- Seems They are Increasing !

by flipper 16 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Hello friends . Is it me or do the rest of you notice a tremendous increase in Newbies in the last couple of months ? What a cool thing to know that these dear new friends of ours have a place to turn to for help, venting, posting their feelings on life and what they have been through and are going through in regards to anything in life. It just happens that most of them like us have been Jehovah's Witnesses and have come to see that the promises they once held so dear, were not really there. To me it is an evidence of the crumbling from within of the Watchtower , Bible and Tract Society . The leaks in the ship can only take in so much water before it starts to sink. I feel that is one reason we are seeing people coming to this forum for encouragement, understanding, true friendships , and unconditional love and caring.

We live in a fast paced world where many people get lost in the shuffle , not enough caring being shown to them in their individual lives, and some , who are just hanging on by a thread due to depression, bad luck in life, physical illness, or whatever circumstances. So my fellow JWDers how do you feel we can best help these Newbies among us and make them feel welcome ? I have my thoughts , and have mentioned a few, but would like to hear from you all on how to make these ones joining us feel at home here on JWD ? Look forward to your thoughts, once again welcome Newbies , you are among friends, we welcome your takes on this too, how can we all serve you best ? Peace to all, Mr. Flipper

• erynw
    erynw

Welcome to all!

• flipper
    flipper

ERYNW- Well stated my friend, well stated ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Welcome to all the bruised and confused.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

We all were victims once or maybe twice or maybe just for a really long time or a short one.

We are not now . We are free and we are learning

Learning means the discarding of the old and replacing with the new ( make sure its real "new" and not that fake "new" that sometimes gets shared in places like this ) grow , heal and share.

• JK666
    JK666

Welcome everyone to JWD!

I try to welcome people individually as I see them start posting. Because of all of the new threads, I sometimes miss them. I want you all to know that this is not an intentional slight.

Keep posting, and I am sure we will get to know one another!

JK

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome noobs!

I also try to make a point of welcoming new posters. It's always nice to see a smiling face and be welcomed when entering a room,.....

• llbh
    llbh

Thanks Mr Flipper, you are dead right

llbh

• V1710
    V1710

As a recent newbie I appreciated the welcome's and postive posts. I think it would be helpful if posters would refrain from heated & rude debates, occultic and immoral posts. When new ones visit here and see these things they might feel what they were told by JW's was right....people who leave are in misery gnashing their teeth and have sunk to the the debauchery of the 'world' People want to know there is hope on the other side, so let's find it and let newbies see it through our posts. Jeanette

• Robert222
    Robert222

This forum gave me the courage to walk away from the JW cult once and for all. I have not regretted my decision. I wish this forum had existed 10 yrs ago!! oh well, i am learning more now from this site than from anything I learned in a kingdom hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit