Is agnostic different from athiest? How so?

by wanderlustguy 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

LOL @ RunningMan. I saw a comedian do a skit once, can't remember who but it was probably Carlin, as it was very Carlin-esque...anywho, he said agnostics were nothing but scared atheists. As part of the act, the guy stood on stage and said "I don't believe in god", then took a big step to the right and cowered with his hands over his head: "oh please god, if you're real don't smite me with a lightning bolt".

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You know, when you think about it, agnostics are one of the only groups in the world that you can insult with impunity.

I mean, you never hear the phrases "an angry mob of agnostics" or "agnostic jihad". Imagine an "agnostic inquisition" where people are tortured with thumb screws until they admit that there may or may not be a god. And, you never have to worry about having an agnostic fatwa put out on you.

I'm starting to like agnostics more and more all the time.

• ninja
    ninja

I'm an agnostheist.....God told me he doesnt exist

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

While Agnostics cry out "oh sweet maybe!" and choose not to form a strong opinion one way or the other as to whether or not their partner really had an orgasm :P~

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

agnostic = unable to tell if what others claim is true or just a [b]elief [s]ystem.

atheist = without any belief[s] in a being that others claim to exist.

both a believer and an atheist can be agnostic if they state their beliefs honestly. Such as I dont believe that this being, others are telling me exists, exists because I have found no valid reason for doing so... or I do believe such a being exists because I accept x y and z as evidences for such a being.--without claiming that they "KNOW" in either case.

only the CONviNcED beLIEveRS in either camp cross the line into delusion by making claims of absolute knowledge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit