The best revenge

by Junction-Guy 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

So are you happier outside the JW's than inside?

Or about the same?

Do you like having freedom, or are circumstances too overwhelming to appreciate it now? Is happiness in small things possible, even when we're still in the process of "getting it all together"?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im happy to be free of the JW clutches, but overall my life isnt any happier now than it was 20 years ago when I was a JW kid.

I did experience brief happiness in the years 1992-1995,especially 1994, that was some of the best times of my life.

I can explain more of this later as Im getting ready for work now.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Happiness is a choice, not a circumstance.

• Gopher
    Gopher

A few happiness quotes from http://www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_happiness.html

Albert Camus: You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Albert Schweitzer: I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.

Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.

Amy Lowell:

Happiness: We rarely feel it.
    I would buy it, beg it, steal it,
    Pay in coins of dripping blood
    For this one transcendent good

Buddha: Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others.

Carl Jung: There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.

Edith Wharton: If only we'd stop trying to be happy we'd have a pretty good time.

Felix Adler: The truth which has made us free will in the end make us glad also.

George Burns: Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city

HH the Dalai Lama: If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

Helen Keller: Many people have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.

John Barrymore: Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.

M. Scott Peck: The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers.

Margaret Bonnano: It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis.

Mark Twain: Happiness is a Swedish sunset -- it is there for all, but most of us look the other way and lose it.

W. Beran Wolfe: If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in his garden. He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has rolled under the radiator.

• noni1974
    noni1974

JG I firmly believe that life is what we make it.If you want to be happy find out what makes you happy and go after it.You can't wait for happieness to just fall in your lap.

Also in my life I've found how I look at something really affects whether or not I'm happy about it.If I'm looking at something as a bad thing it is bad.If I look at something as good it is good.It's the whole glass half full thing.I try to look at everything as an adventure.I have way more fun that way.Even if it turns out not so good I still had fun because I tried something new.

Maybe you should try thinking about how your life may not be perfect but you have your family and friends.Your a good person and you deserve to be happy.So make yourself happy.

• noni1974
    noni1974

BTW other people can't make you happy if your not allready happy.They can add to your happyness but they can't make you happy.No girlfriend/boyfriend in the world can make a unhappy person happy all on their own.Happyness comes from with in.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Sure happiness may be a choice, but I dont like to artificially be happy, I want to be happy like I was at one time.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Choosing to be happy is not artificial happiness. We all have a choice of what to focus our minds on, and what we do with our lives. Each of us is in control of our own happiness. Happiness can only be artificial if you tell yourself it is.

• noni1974
    noni1974

What made you happy then??What's keeping you from being happy now??

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

such simplistic answers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit