Step-Daughter Problem...Need Advice

by Saoirse 12 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

I am at a loss here. I hate rude people and your step daughter takes the cake. What makes it worse is that she probably feels very smug and self satisfied for her behavior since in her mind she is "doing the right thing".

I really don't know what to tell you except maybe that it's for your husband to deal with this since he is the only one she communicates with. Maybe he could tell her that slighting you is rude and he will not tolerate her behavior. But then again, she may stop speaking to him. As a parent, I could not stand being cut off from my children.

So, again, I don't have any real advice. I just want you to know I feel badly for you.

Take care,

changeling

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey Saoirse,

Thanks for coming back on at this late hour and letting us know that it worked out well. I figured your step-daughter wasn't even aware of your feelings. I grew up JW and to be honest, my social skills (including awareness of other people's feelings) were about zero at her age.

I think this was a good learning for her, and the fact that you didn't "go off" on her has laid a path for even better relations as she matures and hopefully comes to realize that you & her dad don't have it so bad outside the JW's !!

• Es
    Es

Im so sorry this has happened, its just not right. A similar thing happend to me but it was my parents, after It got announced I was no longer a JW it was my parents anniversary I had already brought them a present and decided to be the bigger person and still give it to them. A week later they send a card to my husband thanking him for the present!!!!

It suxs how stupid they are

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit