Fave Songs: FRANK ZAPPA

by JK666 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• JK666
    JK666

We have talked here about music that helped some of us mentally cope with life growing up in the borg. My absolute favorite was Frank Zappa and The Mothers Of Invention. I realize that it will probably be a very short list of people responding to this post, since this music is a little esoteric. I believe he was the best guitarist ever, mixing the pentatonic scales and morphing them into uncharted territory. That and he had a wicked sense of humor in his sometimes offensive lyrics. I saw him in concert on three occasions, and they were the best musical performances I have ever seen. Hell, I even accredit him with part of my sex education! My list will be in best of catagories:

Best Instrumental: Zoot Alllures

Best clean humor: Tie - Heavenly Bank Account and You Are What You Is

Best dirty humor: Tie - Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? and Bobby Brown Goes Down (Catholic Girls a close 2nd)

Best sex education for a JW kid: Dinah Moe Hum

Favorite song period: Uncle Remus

HUMOR DOES BELONG IN MUSIC! Rest in peace Frank.

JK

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Sorry JK, I downloaded some of his songs, I knew none of them.

LINDA

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

My high school friend and I used to lip-sync and act out Zappa songs for our friends.

My favorite was "The Slime" - "I am gross and perverted, I'm obsessed and deranged, I have existed for years though very little has changed..."

I also loved "Montana" (?) "...raising it up,swish swish, and waxing it down,swish swish, in a little white box that I can sell downtown. By myself I wouldn't have no boss, just me and the pygmy pony over by the dental floss bush."

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Valley Girl!

Bobby Brown Goes Down is cool too. Oh yeah, and Broken Hearts are for Assholes.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I miss my friend Melinda- she was so much fun. We also loved David Bowie and she got her hair dyed red and spiked.

I'm going to be singing "The Slime" to myself all day now. I't funny because my mom hated it at the time but once in a while, now that I am almost 50, she says "Sing Zappa for me!"

"I am the tool of the government and industry too, for I am destined to rule and regulate you. I'm the best you can get, have you guessed me yet? I'm the slime oozing out of your T.V. set."

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Agreed, Awake... Montana.

"Moving to Montana soon..." Sometimes I say that randomly for no reason at all. Hahaa. Nobody gets it.

Love,
    Baba.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Just another side note, not meant as a high-jack: My mom is in Montana right now (working) for a few months, so we start our conversations on the phone with "raising it up, swish swish...".

It's hilarious to me because she is 74 years old and it always starts a conversation in her office when someone hears her reciting Zappa.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

His song The Jazz Discharge

from Stevie Vai archive 2001

I love to listen to it cuz it is hilarious

it sounds like he has to be making it up as he goes along

Do you know what I am talking about

and yeah Dinah Mo hum.......as a young teen, wow!!!

purps

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

City of Tiny lights,

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bump to help lift the spirits of the JK666...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit