28 Weeks Later

by jeanniebeanz 5 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Has anyone here seen 28 Weeks Later? Scary film... there have been many movies and books on the topic of a man-made virus wiping out human kind. I wonder what the odds are that such a virus already exists?

J

• R.F.
    R.F.

I fell asleep watching it a few nights ago. I'm going to finish it later tonight. It was good to the point I had gotten to.

• tula
    tula

Here is a trailer for the movie preview. I think it has just started in theatres.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463854/trailers-screenplay-E33831-10-2

If people would only run from the JW doctrine the way they run from the virus!

Actually, for me, the moral of the story would be that I'd rather have a nice life and die from a 3 day virus (heck, we all have to go sometime) than to live a whole life of torment from the JW doctrine virus and then die anyway.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Has anyone here seen 28 Weeks Later? Scary film... there have been many movies and books on the topic of a man-made virus wiping out human kind. I wonder what the odds are that such a virus already exists?

My research which you can check out on coast to coast radio with George Noory for starters and prisonplanet.com tells me that the people who brought you the war in Iraq and the demolition of the trade towers in New York want to reduce the worlds population to 500 million. So I would say the virus exist or the Bushwackers are furiously working on it. Harder than they are looking for the weapons of mass destruction or Bin Ladin.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I don't know. I used to read about epidemiology - they used to say there was no disease that would kill everyone, and no one who is immune to everything. On the other hand, I remember how the idea that AIDS came from monkeys in Africa sounded like one of those conspiracy theory ideas, but turned out to be true. Dinosaurs were all killed off, not by a virus, but still, if one kind of animal can be killed off, so can another kind. However, this is something, like comets, earthquakes larger than a 10, and other similar things I just refuse to worry about. There's only so much you can obsess about without going crazy.

• Mincan
    Mincan

I saw it at the cinema. I think the first one was better. The third one could be interesting, perhaps being set in Russia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit