Are we being conned re new light?

by why144000 13 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Who knows, they are grasping at straws, maybe they leaked it to see what the reaction will be before truly committing in print. That they are lurking right now reading our very posts.

Or maybe there are many angry Bethelites, that feel secrecy is wrong.

Personally, I think leadership wise, they are drifting, they know you can only milk the generations thing so long before R&F start to wonder aloud how long will Jesus be enthroned yet appear to do nothing. Sadly I willing to seriously consider as an active JW that they are stalling so as to figure how to pocket as much money personally as possible before calling it quits.

Imagine that, one day the WT just closes it's doors, top officials nowhere to be found, money gone to some off-shore WT account only accessible by top officials. What then?

• zack
    zack

We were all conned with new light and old light. As for the story about a new direction with the generation thing from Brooklyn, I think it's on the up and up.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

When referring to the CCoJW (formerly WTS) the following two words shouldn't be used in the same sentence:

leadership wise

Just FYI.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

The Watchtower need to keep coming up with new light, it's totally necessary for them in order to maintain control.

I remember the reaction of several elderly JWs to the 1995 generation change. They had been in the organisation for years, getting older without any real sign of the new system that would make them young again coming, but confident that the generation doctrine as it was then would ensure that it would be here before the end of the 20th Century.

All that changed in 1995, and all those old, faithful sisters and brothers suddenly realised that they might die in this system after all. I wasn't overly thrilled with the change myself, but some of the older ones were very near devastated, though the Watchtower are so clever in the way they change a doctrine that most of them accepted it.

Now that I'm no longer a JW, I can see these changes for what they really are, ways of avoiding the embarassment of having to explain another failed prophecy or, as in the case of the change in the gathering of the anointed in May, having a ready-made excuse for the number of Memorial partakers rising. This latest proposed change won't be the last time the Watchtower tinker with the generation doctrine, of that I'm sure,

They'll probably say it's Jehovah'w way of feeding his people spiritually by gradually increasing their understanding of his word, when in reality it's a desperate act by increasingly desperate men who are well aware of how much opposition they have nowadays, and are fighting to maintain control of the millions that they have fooled with their false doctrines.

Marion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit