Are teenage step daughters allowed to stay with step dad in JW land?

by ThomasCovenant 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

What do you think of this situation?

Scenario

A former 'sister' gets divorced and remarries 'out of the truth'. She stops going to meetings but is not disfellowshipped. She has a daughter, possibly late teens early twenties. The daughter lives with mother and mother's new husband. The daughter still goes to meetings and I think is now baptized.

Mother (the former 'sister') goes on holiday for a week without husband. Daughter doesn't stay at home with her mother's husband for duration of the holiday but instead stays with her mother's father (maternal grandfather).

This account was given to us by a third party who said the reason why the daughter didn't stay home with her step father was because

' It wouldn't be right.They are not allowed to stay in the home alone together.'

Is this normal in step families in JW land?

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

They need to watch some Brady Bunch repeats!

• nelly136
    nelly136

Not quite the same, but my near blind geriatric grandfather who stayed at my parents house had to vacate when my parents split up,

apparently it may have caused gossip or caused someone to be stumbled.

i could never work out why they were constantly looking for depravity when there was none, but each to their own lol.

• loosie
    loosie

They shouldn't have a problem with it, but some of them do.

My grandpa and grandma and her mom all lived in the same house during the depression. When grandma died, grandpa married his mother in law. Why you may ask? Because it wouldn't be proper to live in the same house with a woman who wasn't your wife.

Now how messed up is that? You can take of your mother-in-law w/o marrying her. that's just weird.

• flipper
    flipper

I think it's ridiculous that the witnesses think evrybody is going to sleep with one another or jump each other's bones. If it's her stepdad there should be no problem. But wait, Oh! I get it, I almost forgot, due to the high level of virtually thousands of molesters inside the witness organization , maybe they were worried the worldly step dad would do what they all would do as witnesses. It's called projection of your actions to others and what they would do. It's basically stupid

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In most congs. the elders wouldn't get involved in saying anything, but leave it
    as a personal decision. However, even in some of those congs., they would
    mention things to the faithful JW daughter. They might demonize the worldly
    step dad.

You see, they never even trust their own members. Their trust is so low, and
    they worry about so many sexual situations, so in order to make themselves
    look better, they have to make the outsiders look even worse.

"Your mother is an apostate that married a worldly man. Did she sleep with
    him without the benefit of marriage? Well, then you see what his morals are
    like. If he's a worldly fornicator, he could hardly control himself around such
    a pure girl like you in his house. Satan got to your mother, who knows what
    she married?"

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

This Decision may have been made for Personal Reasons. Perhaps the Mother didn't trust the Step-Father with the Daughter. I had a friend years ago (a JW) who said she would never trust a Man around her daughters if she re-married. She had been raped by an uncle when she was little girl. I can understand her totally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit