Is this sacred service?

by llbh 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• sspo
    sspo

She has to make sure she gets the approval of the taking the lead.

I hate when the witnesses throw away human beings for the sake of the craptower

• llbh
    llbh

Update. We had a en exchange of views on this, is it cos I am now here that I am less tolerant of her views? I hope not. I like it here I just find long term views held are reaffirmed here. Hope to patch it up though I doubt it. Onwards & upwards

llbh

• 4mylove
    4mylove

I know your world all too well. So many deeds, so little appreciation. I think someone "upstairs" is keeping tabs though.

• caliber
    caliber

Sacred service is expressing of highest self, it comes from deep within; It is not mechanical;

therefore it rules out most repetitious acts .

Caliber

• uninformed
    uninformed

Ilbh

That's where the Jewish term CORBAN came into use:

(Mark 7:9-13) 9 Further, he went on to say to them: "Adroitly YOU set aside the commandment of God in order to retain YOUR tradition. 10 For example, Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Let him that reviles father or mother end up in death.’ 11But YOU men say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother: "Whatever I have by which you may get benefit from me is corban, (that is, a gift dedicated to God,)"’— 12 YOU men no longer let him do a single thing for his father or his mother, 13 and thus YOU make the word of God invalid by YOUR tradition which YOU handed down. And many things similar to this YOU do."

Good luck on reasoning with your wife.

Brant

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    my in laws are moving to a flat/appartment

she indicated that she really could not as she must get to meeting.
    they are quite infirm

Well the only christian I see here is one, you. Pretty pathetic when you can't help your own parents and go to the meeting instead . Like there are no more ever

going to take place!

I'm sure they will appreciate your help and kindness.

cheers!

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit