Wet Season Is Starting Up!

by brinjen 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

I love winter storms!

I grew up in Northern California- the rain was so nice... we lived in the redwoods and is is beautiful there in the mist and rain.

I need some of it out here in the desert! :( The monsoons are over -they are always so fun and the storm clouds are always so beautiful.

Brinjen- are you up for a La Nina? I heard you guys were having a drought and you were going to have to shut off water for livestock if things didn't change... Are you getting better weather now?? I hope!

Take care,

-Kudra

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Brinjen- are you up for a La Nina? I heard you guys were having a drought and you were going to have to shut off water for livestock if things didn't change...

Darwin and most of the top end wasn't ever actually affected by the drought, we've never had water restrictions. La Nina has brought some relief, though still not enough (as Penny2's post above shows). Most of SA, as well as areas in nearly all states and territories still badly need a good soaking.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I love watching storms too - from a safe distance. My worst one ever was when we were on holiday at the beginning of their storm season - lightening was striking just a few feet away yet the locals were were on the beach taking cover by the trees, definitely not terrified like us.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Quietlyleaving; Wow, Mr Brinjen is an avid storm chaser and he refuses to get that close to lightning!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit