hindered prayers says my wife...so I stopped

by oompa 28 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

I really have never understood prayers too well or how they are answered or not. I really think it is more of a self-help type excercise. Aren't there some really funny experiences in the yearbooks on prayers answered!? Anyway, after my wife has questioned me about being here and turned me in to the elders and all, she keeps on saying things about my prayers. Of course I only prayed with here at meals as a rule, but now since she keeps harping on "are you praying for help"....."Jah will not hear you if you are doing anything wrong".....I finally said screw it. Bless your on damn food and pray for me too while you are at it cause you prob have a lot better connection.....

food tastes the same....oompa

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

LOL, oompa! I always felt like I was talking to myself anyway. I hated the long pompous prayers at the hall that weren't really prayers but instead were opportunities for sanctimonious S.O.B.'s to hammer home the "sin of the week." I am SO glad I'm outta there! Thanks for reminding me of how stupid and inane they are! brunn

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Oompa i will pray for you too, enjoy you tea.

keep us posted with regards tp the elders

David

llbh

• Satanus
    Satanus

If you wanna pray over your food, thank the potatoe god, the cow goddess, chicken goddess, bean god, etc. Or, you can address it to mother earth, in recognition of her action of evolving those organisms and pushing them up out of her dirt. Then too, there is the sun to consider. I mean, where would the plants, and us for that matter, be without the sun? Forget the jewish god yhwh, who supposedly lives in a galaxy far away.

S

• JK666
    JK666

Go with a Lutheran gem to freak her out:

"Come Lord Jesus,

Be our guest,

And let thy gift

To us be blessed."

And if that isn't good enough, say your own damned prayer woman!

JK

• oompa
    oompa

no guys this is sad oompa.....she looks over at me every meal, and I just either walk away, have already started eating, or just look awkward. It is like stopping the BS is in stages. 1st service cause it was hypocritical, then meetings, now prayer???...oompa

• greendawn
    greendawn

Interesting what kind of associations go through the mind of a JW: because you want to check up on the FDS sacred cow, his behaviour and doctrines, their jehovah will no longer listen to your prayers. That's how important the FDS is in their mind, displeasing him means getting cut off from God.

• Honesty
    Honesty

My ex did the same thing.

That is one of the many reasons she in now my ex.

• Open mind
    Open mind

I think you should give prayer with your wife another chance, oompa. Try this on for size:

Our brains, which art in our heads,
    treasured be thy name.
    Thy reasoning come.
    Thy best you can do be done
    on earth as it is.
    Give us this day new
    insight to help us resolve conflicts and
    ease pain.
    And lead us not
    into supernatural explanations;
    deliver us from denial of logic.
    For thine is the kingdom of reason,
    and even though thy powers are limited,
    and you're not always glorious
    you are the best evolutionary adaptation
    we have for helping this earth now and
    forever and ever.
    So be it.

Uhhh, on second thought..........

Maybe better keep that one between us.

Open Mind

• oompa
    oompa

I think I should give my wife grounds tonight.....and they ain't coffee....oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit