Time for a new great schism, apostasy, falling away, dissension?

by Awakened07 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

I don't see that any of the GB now, individually or collectively, have the creativity, imagination or charisma to change much of anything.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope they do try to change it, say to 1957. That would give them more time. It would also give me a chance to document a predicted change in their doctrine (or maybe 1971). The change to 1957 could be based on Sputnik. The change to 1971 would happen should they admit the old light of 607 BC and change it to 587 BC, and then use 365 1/4 days to a year instead of 360.

This time, there would be records of 1914 preserved throughout the Internet. There are a lot of apostate Web sites containing actual pictures of those original articles, and they are not going anywhere. That 1914 is going to stick it to them long after--unlike the 1874 issue, they cannot simply pretend it doesn't exist (the Internet was not around in the 1920s, so people could not check the validity of the new light).

• freeme
    freeme

i wonder whether the WT CD will become "apostate lies" sometime... but okay... CDs wont be around forever...

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

The information from 1879 that was safely off limits except to the "weird" JWs who archived such things is now available in searchable electronic format. They NEVER anticipated their past words to haunt them, because they never anticipated the free exchange of electronic information available today.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hi Awakened, regarding changing the 1914 date, have you ever considered the possibility that they won't change it because they actually believe it??

In other words, maybe the GB is not some massive mind control conspiracy. Maybe they actually believe the noise they put out and the "captain is as crazy as the crew"?

Just a thought.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Oh, I have no doubt they believe it. I don't think it's purely a conspiracy, purely a publishing company as many here do. They do believe God is guiding them, that's not the question IMO. They have changed rather significant portions of doctrine before however - doctrine they once thought was divinely inspired as well - and often because time has caught up with the doctrine. As late as this year in fact. So "new light" could still be given on 1914, and push it to some other year or downplay its importance so that the time period of the 'signs' is what matters, not the year.

- That said, they seem to be doing something far more subtle and sneaky with it, in creating a doctrine now that allows the time period after 1914 to be pretty much limitless. As an active JW, I would have swallowed that up whole, and be glad Jehovah finally gave us an explanation as to why it hasn't happened yet. I'm sure they think the same. As Raymond Franz said; they're captives of a concept - the concept that the Organization is God's sole channel today. They believe in this mysterious "entity" so much that they (GB, FDS) don't realize that they are the Organization.

• zack
    zack

The leaders know its all a crock. No one on the GB feels INSPIRED. What they feel is ENTITLED to do whatever they need to do in order to perpetuate the illusion of

God's One Sole Channel of Communication. Think of the hubris it takes to declare something like that. I think Ray was far too generous with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit