Why am I still fearful?!

by Maddie 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• Maddie
    Maddie

I've really been trying to put it out of my mind because I don't want to have these fears, but they wont go away!!

I really thought that my mind was free from the mind control of the borg but I don't think it can be completely. Ever since reading the postings about all the changes they are going to make I feel panicky and I think it is because they can still get to me.

I don't want to feel like this and I am fighting against it but I am finding it is getting to me.

Does anyone else on JWD have any of these fears still?

Maddie

• prophecor
    prophecor

In a word, Yes!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Maddie,

Have you had the chance to read Crisis of Conscience yet? (The book by Ray Franz, formerly of the Governing Body.)

I was a little unsure about going back to the JW's, but when I got partway through this book I came to realize that the Governing Body is just making up doctrines as they go along. The recent new explanation of "generation" that we've been hearing is a prime example of how they do that.

The actual process by which they create doctrines is quite different than what the average JW thinks.

Once you get the correct information you'll come to realize that the organizationi is not at all connected to some God leading an organization, and that in fact they're no more qualified to lead a group of people than you and I are.

• prophecor
    prophecor

The dream speak that occurs in the literature can still ring of the truth, Maddie. Why, just the other day, I was glancing thru one of the latest magazines and it was as if it was still all true. As if what they'd been saying the entire time was correct. Though I credit thier institution for giving a better than usual understanding of the scriptures, I still can't comprehend all our history, the failed promises of days gone by, Beth Sarim, denying those from years ago the benefit getting married because the alleged end was coming then. If you go back and research the history of our once organisation, you may have a better handle on how to deal with the residual effects of having been, JW. You future doesn't need to look so glum. Life, as a rule, gets better over time, for all of us here.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Gopher

I know how they decide on doctrines but I still get fearful. I can't help it and you probably think I'm stupid but that's how I am.

Maddie

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

It gets better.

And better.

And much, much easier.

Love,
    Baba.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Maddie, I love your pic.

• Maddie
    Maddie

I hope you are right and it DOES get better. I don't want to end up a jibbering wreck !!!!!!!!!

SPAZnik I'm glad you like my picture - do I look paranoid?

Maddie

• tula
    tula

How can I disprove
    lies that are stamped with an official seal?

You can deny all the things I've seen

All the things I've discovered.
    But not for much longer.
    Because too many others know
    what's happening out there.
    And no one, no government agency
    has jurisdiction over the truth.

Maddie, the wbts IS a government agency. Why do you think they call it "governing body"?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Maddie,

What you're experiencing is normal. You've been conditioned by the WT to be fearful. It will take time for those thinking patterns to be replaced with new ones. I remember the first time I visited a church I was assailed by strong fearful emotions of demons and other such nonsense I now know is ludicrouse. My brain had literally been trained over and over by repetition at so many JW meetings to think that way. You'll find over time that these fears will begin to lose their power. I know it can be disconcerting when these emotions arise. They seem to have so much power. But since you aren't feeding them with a steady diet of JW paranoia anymore, these old fears will begin to starve and fade away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit