Comments You Will Not Hear at the WT Study (10/8 Train Children)

by WT Comments 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• willyloman
    willyloman

Amazing work! Right on. Thank you!

• Robert222
    Robert222

Frankly, I don't hear any love out of this article. I hear discipline, conditioning, training, correction, control. Are we talking about people here or livestock? Maybe strict training and discipline is sound advise for raising a good stockhorse, but for children?

Also no mention of developing a child's creativity, expression in music or the arts, what about physical activity other than walking at a slow crawl door to door, then sitting home all day waiting for another mtg? Sounds like they are raising a bunch of little cult-controlled religious zealots - yep - the way I was raised, and it was hell everyday. They talk about "social skills" and talking with people, that means complete isolation from society and "talking" with people in a controlled setting in a KH or in servitude bothering people door to door. This truly warps a child's mind and development.

• compound complex
    compound complex

It's neither a viable nor acceptable option according to the Society to tell your children that you love them unconditionally even if they reject - and I mean REJECT - "the Truth." The peace, cooperation and obedience that result is genuine and couldn't possibly align with WT propaganda.

Regarding circumstances familiar to me, I tell JWs (particularly the overbearing, company men/women) that rebellion and bad behavior can be reduced by not FORCING your kids to be religious robots.

I guess some fanatics will never learn ... well, I did!

CoCo

WTWiz - love your comments, but we janitors and window washers do much better than earn a pittance; however, it's all relative. Still wish I had finished college.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Thank you for the preparation in putting the comments together.

Really it sounds like a lead in to the following article, to train them in a specific way to become slaves of men, those who run and enforce the WTS. Cleverly they use expressions that sound like you will be giving the child thinking ability, when in reality you are narrowing their minds to something very specific. Another thing I notice more and more, is how OT examples are given that are both inconsistant and contradictory, I didnt notice that so much when I was in.

One time i can think of that Jehovahs punishment seems to over the top, is killing the guy who steadied the Ark as they transported it. He didnt arrange it, but tried to help and gets killed! Yet as has been mentioned before David is left alone.

CS 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit