Help for young adults at Lake tahoe CA

by ontarget 2 Replies latest jw friends

• ontarget
    ontarget

My 20 year old son got in trouble and has been in jail for 8 months near Sacremento, CA. He is suppose to get out tomarrow and he plans to take a bus to Lake Tahoe to get a winter job at the slopes. They have housing if and when he can get a job there. We live in Nebraska and all my family in California will not help because we are no longer JWs. Does anybody know of a group or organization that helps young adults there? He has no car, no home, no phone, very few clothes and only a little money that we wired to him. (If he can get his I.D. when he gets out)

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hi ontarget,

Sorry to hear about your son, but glad he's getting out.

I just "Googled" using these words:

sacramento youth services

First hit was this:

http://www.diogenesnet.com/

I don't know ANYTHING about them, but given the circumstances you describe, I would at least give them a call if I were in your son's shoes.

Check out the rest of the Google "hits" as well.

Hope this helps.

Open Mind

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

He might also try WIND Youth Services...(916) 561-2424 (works with homeless teens in Sacto) or the Salvation Army (they're good about bus tickets--located on D Street just about a mile from the jail): Salvation Army, 1615 D St., Sacramento, CA 95814, (916) 441-5267.

Sometimes law enforcement has a fund to provide bus tickets, so he should ask when he's being booked out.

Jankyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit