Public speaking

Scriptural Facts

Language- English

Missionary Service

Kingdom Prophecies

Public Speaking

Scriptural Facts

Language -English

I'll scan it, but it may take me a while. I can't find my Aunt's report card...must be in a different box

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Here are the first and second quarters

Coffee

• VM44
    VM44

Thanks coffee_black, I have always wanted to know what subjects were taught at Gilead.

• monophonic
    monophonic

they are not accredited by WASC, i used to work there, which means even if they offered official B.A.'s, they couldn't be transferred to other schools to pursue a masters or Ph.D.

it's as accredited as a personal writer's workshop in someone's home....or as trying to get accredited for having a personal bible study.

there was some "school" that applied "expierence" as pioneers and took the hours to make them work hours towards a bachelor's degree, but they were completely unaccredited as well and it's easier just to print out a fake document b/c if a degree is required for a job, nothing the wtbts or anyone who rides on their coattails with the ...too good to be true... degree just for your jw experience, is worth anything more than a load of crapola to most recruiting corporations.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

blondie

Tests are graded. Can someone flunk out? I am sure if they did a really poor job they could. Those tests are designed to be passed, but not without proper study.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1955845?q

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

Those 144 who didn't pass probably went on to become Pioneers and Elders.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

"Those 144 who didn't pass probably went on to become Pioneers and Elders."

Yeah, stands to reason, as they say - Those that can, do it, those that can't teach it.

RB

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

Accrediting Agencies

Accrediting agencies issue accreditations. Accrediting agencies are organizations (made up of educational professionals) that:

• Establish the operating standards for educational or professional institutions and programs.
    • Determine if a school meets those standards.
    • Publically announce their findings through the issuance of accreditations.

The U.S. Department of Education explains that agencies determine accreditation standards based on whether graduates can gain admission to other reputable institutions or achieve credentials for professional practice.

During the school certification process, SEVP only recognizes schools as accredited if the accrediting agency is recognized by the Department of Education.

----------------------------

The issue here is what are they supposed to be accredited for. Certainly not a college or university. Not even a public school. The curriculum is too narrow.

When I went to college and university not only was a required to study my chosen program but was required to study things that were not part of the program.

A certain amount of program courses were required although there was room for some choice. However there were additional courses that had to be taken and passed, English, Physical Education, Sociology, Religion, Ethics etc.

This was to help give the student a more well rounded understanding of their personal environment and the wider community.

The WTS does not meet these standards.

They may qualify for a very specific reason, to allow foreign "missionaries" to come to their program but that is not the same as a normal college or university program. Not by a long shot. My college program was a 3-year professional program in Social Service. My university program was 3-year program in Applied Social Sciences.

There is NO comparison. NONE

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

After only being enrolled for a half year, Gilead students used to spend half of every day working. Cutting potatoes in the kitchen, laundry, etc. How many credits would that make? Not many. Junior College takes four times as long.

6 family members attended Gilead. I worked next to multiple Gilead students at Bethel. The Academic stringency was very low. I think the primary purpose of Gilead was for HQ staff to get to know these future branch personnel better to weed out "undesirables". Yes, some were wackier than the average Bethelite.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

The "Gilead" Parchment helped family members get into their assignments with long term VISAs as "Teachers".

A local "Bible College" in town "The Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry" ( A former Assembly of God Pentecostal group with a splash of New Age and Rock music). has a 6-& 24-month "school" that gets waivers from the state department for extended Visas. Lots of "born again" crazy spinsters from all over the world attend so they can get a "Minister's Parchment", and hopefully, a California hubby and green card. The founder is making $$ and drives around town in a Masaratti, so it seems to be working for him at least. lol. https://bssm.net/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit