Sir Nose's "Do All Things for God's Glory" C.A. Notes

by SirNose586 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

its CA season already? I guess I missed mine... damn .....

Dry Cleaning Suit for CA $18.00

Gas to go to CA $30.00

Lost Wages for weekend $300-500

Missing the CA completely priceless (and a $348-548 rebate on above)

Snakes ()

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Sir Nose,

I have no idea how you manage to do, I feel for ya. I'm also glad to know there is nothing new and I left 24 years ago, same S#!& different day!

nj

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    "The meetings have been set up to exercise your mind!"

How much exercise does a mind get when it's asleep?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm amazed people don't run screaming from the building or start stabbing themselves out of sheer boredom. When I think back on it all, boredom was the key characteristic of meetings and assemblies. I can't sit still for any kind of meeting to this day and it has been 25 years. Tried to go to acupuncture school once, couldn't take sitting in the classroom, feels like prison. I don't know how you did it, you and all the other poor saps who attended.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    So what was this mind-reading interpretation of Solomon's intentions of going astray...?

Let me see...I think he said something like this: "Maybe Solomon thought, 'Well, I certainly know all the laws and the rules. Perhaps I can bend them. And certainly nothing bad happened to my father, even though he sinned, so perhaps nothing bad will happen here.' "

How that even makes sense, or how that applies to people who leave the truth, I'll never know. It's a nice little strawman for him to knock down about people who disagree with policy, and of course, no one can challenge it.

• JK666
    JK666

SN,

Thank you for taking one for the team. That is about as close as I want to get to an assembly!

JK

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thats the first time I read the notes taken at an assembly with any interest whatsoever, and I am thrilled to know that nothing ever changes! Thanks SirNose!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have to hand it to you, Sir Nose.

Your fine conduct in attending that mind-numbing indoctrination session produced by the Faithless Slavers of the Witchtower Babble and Trick Sociopaths encouraged me to never look back at the things I left behind, namely that crazy cult from hell.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Four baptized. I wonder how many of those were kids of families that were formed in the "truth". I wonder if any of them were around 6 years old so the Puketower can showcase them.

Missing meetings in imitation of Satan? The last meeting in heaven I can remember, Satan was actually there. Besides, people will make the meetings when the benefit of doing so exceeds the total cost (and then it would make sense to make those meetings). People will miss the ones that the cost of attending exceeds the total benefit. If they really want people to make all the meetings, then they had better boost the benefits of doing so sharply, not just showcase how people have made it through extremely high cost like renting a helicoptor for $600 or crossing a crocodile infested river or lake.

Pioneer. In other words, give up your life. Remember all those hobbies and interests showcased in the Asleep magazine? Guess what. You have to give that up and waste your life showcasing this to others so they can likewise waste their lives doing the same. Of course, they never boost the benefit of doing this so it actually exceeds the cost.

I hope the baptisms actually start hitting zero. And, having 1,000+ in attendance is still too high. If they would encourage people to go to school, maybe Saturday's attendance would be closer (that is, if the benefits of going exceeded the cost). Of course, they had the obligatory deficit. As with anything else, if they want me to give them my $4.50, they had better make damn sure I am going to get more than $4.50 in value for my money. Otherwise, it will not be going into that box.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I've been wondering what you have been up to, Sir Nose, and now unfortunately I know.

How long before you bust out again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit