settle this argument...have JW's ever said they prophicied about anything?

by oompa 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

Especially big stuff like the end of mankind in 1914, and christians then being raptured. 1925 men of old to return to earth. Did we ever say it was a prophecy? Could such predicictions or statements like that be called a false prophecy.

thanks.....very very bad weekend....oompa

• zeroday
    zeroday

*** w72 4/1 p. 197 ‘They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them’ ***

So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? . Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses. They are still proclaiming a warning, and have been joined and assisted in their commissioned work by hundreds of thousands of persons who have listened to their message with belief.

• oompa
    oompa

zero that was fast. esp for a sunday night. Did you already know that or do a quck cd search? Anyone got any more?

and thanks sooooo much....oompa

• watson
    watson

Hey oompa!

I am sorry you are having a bad weekend. Keep the faith bro. You are a great addition to this site. Chin up!!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

oompa, you have a pm.

GGG

• zeroday
    zeroday

OH I have ready references on a variety of subjects...

• zeroday
    zeroday

Here you oompa a really oldie but goodie........

Watchtower February 1881 p.188

If we were following a man undoubtedly it would be different

with us; undoubtedly one human idea would contradict another

and that which was light one or two or six years ago would be

regarded as darkness now: But with God there is no

variableness, neither shadow of turning, and so it is with truth;

any knowledge or light coming from God must be like its

author. A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth.

"New light" never extinguishes older "light," but adds to it. If

you were lighting up a building containing seven gas jets you

would not extinguish one every time you lighted another, but

would add one light to another and they would be in harmony

and thus give increase of light: So is it with the light of truth; the

true increase is by adding to, not by substituting one for another.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Hello! I got that covered but no cd here or books to prove it! I got rid of books! This really shocked me! The Jehovah's Witnesses think when the go door to door they are fullfilling the scripture about the man with the inkhorn, you know the one who goes out and marks people to rightoueness. Today they believe that when the go door to door they are marking people to righteous if people take the WT/AK anyhow, but if they do not take them? Off to judgement with Jesus Christ! In the Revelation It Grand Climax Is At Hand it say they are prophets! Ekkks. I knew nothing about this until after I got reinstated! Now when I see a JDUB going out in service the above is what I think about. Oh and the man with the secratary's inkhorn went back to heaven his work was done! that was it! Another thing the only one can mark you as right is Jehovah because someone called Jesus righteous and he said no one was righteous but the Father!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Oompa..JW`s prophecy about nothing..That is just one of the many things,you don`t "Understand".....WBT$ is the mediator between God and Mankind,in JW World!!.....If you don`t understand that,you understand nothing!!..Of course I don`t have to tell you that....Your a 4th generation JW.....So you say...OUTLAW

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Of course they have it's been one of their biggest marketing ploys

Oh , and we are god's only voice on earth is another, there are lots

But boy did it sell magazines or what , thank you America !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit