green handshakes

by DaCheech 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

there are about 1/2 of our congo is elderly with no mate too!

these guys have everything paid for them!

If they want to take trips, i'm sure they should save from their allowance

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The proper way to give a "green handshake":

1. Go to the hall when sick with the flu.
    2. Sneeze into your right hand.
    3. Repeat step 2 several times if necessary.
    4. Greet and shake the hand of a CO, elder, or other self-proclaimed "glorious one"

W

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

What irritates me about this whole thing is: why is it like some secret drug deal that needs to be hidden.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

CL ...

When I was a young MS, I once was asked by a very kind CO (the one that drove a bus as his home) to quietly ask around to help a member of the GB buy a new suit. (Sydlik).... he ended up with a nice suit, couple of shirts and ties... he wrote my mom a real nice note when he got them in Brooklyn....(she worked for a clothing chain and coordinated between her store and the one near him).... by the way, the CO himself looked like he needed new suits, but he never once asked anyone that I ever heard....one of the genuinely nice COs...at least my experience with him...

When I was going around asking for donations, I insisted that no one donate less than $20....I did not want to be a burden on the friends yet I know they wanted to help..... one wealthy sister offered to pay the whole thing and I said...$20 or less.... I dont feel bad doing that for the man...... just humans doing nice things for other humans

Snakes ()

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Moomanchu:

You are right about it seeming like a secret drug deal that needs to be hidden. Could it possibly be because it it tacky and just plain wrong? Here, these people all along are criticizing the clergy of christendom and bragging that they have no clergy class. Well, what do you call this??? Looks like a clergy class to me and they are in major denial over this. They are morphing very quickly into a clergy class. Yet another bait and switch in this appalling religion.

If somebody wants to be kind and give something to somebody or invite them over for dinner that is one thing. But, going around on the sneak and trying to strong-arm people into coughing up money for these people is another thing entirely.

LHG

• carla
    carla

So much for their extreme pride in "we don't ask for money or send around a plate like evil Christendom does".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit