Comments You Will Not Hear at the WT Study (10/7 Suffering)

by WT Comments 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• V
    V
    Do I see a touch of atheist thinking in this study?

It is no wonder that so many XJWs turn to atheism. The way the Bible is twisted to fit the JW cosmic view quickly unravels under any scrutiny. Non-fundamental "believers" are willing to concede that the Bible is flawed in some respects, or is just a tale of men with the spice of divine wisdom. In this same way, all other major religions (Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, okay maybe not Judaism) accept Jesus as a prophet or divine teacher. I found that by agressively deconstructing my entire pretence of what "God is" was critical to my recovery as a Jehovah's Witness. That path took me through atheism, opened onto eastern philosophy, and flirted with nature worship. What I found was an essential truth, a reoccuring pattern. It was as if I had laid transparencies, each type of belief, over the top of one another and seen a common denominator through them all. The most blessed vision is to see truth in everything. And that is why I am a dogmatic agnostic--I definitely know that I don't know it all.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Many religions have tried and failed to make sense out of why a benevolent, all-powerful God would allow suffering.

This article doesn't really make sense out of it, it just says "hang in there and you'll get a blessing later". Do Jehovah's will, serve the organization, bla bla.

A part of why this ex-JW turned to atheism is that nobody can explain to my satisfaction why a benevolent, all-powerful God would allow suffering. It seems either he is entirely absent, or just absent from our sector of the universe. If God started this experiment we call "planet earth", he surely seems to be letting it decay. He is either evil, weak or absent. I vote for "absent".

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Another thing I don't get: in the songs, earth is "Jehober's dominion." Sooooooo.....why do you let your archenemy rule it? Why do you tolerate your archenemy around at all?

• bobld
    bobld

Good review.Some how I can't get my head around their reasoning.How can 14,000,000 children benefit from suffering and dying before they are 5 years old every year.When they endure such a painful death,how can it enhance their happiness.

They say Jesus experienced first hand human suffering.Now now Jesus was a man.He did not suffer the pain of woman while on Earth ie the PAIN of giving birth.

Rulership for all I know the type of God Jehovah is he probably had a hand in putting Hilter in power.

Bob

PS I believe the Roman Catholic teaches that the more one suffers on Earth the better his/her chances of getting to Heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit