Eat, Pray, Love

by changeling 10 Replies latest jw friends

• changeling
    changeling

Anybody read this book?

My sister in law recommended it to me after reading some of my essays.

I was hesitant because of the "pray" part. I'm currently very anti-religion.

Well, I heard Oprah (my hero) was featuring the book and the author on today's show. I went and bought the book this morning to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm half way though it now and I feel it will go on my list of "favorites".

Her style is very quirky and she sees beauty in ordinary things.

I love this book!

changeling

• serendipity
    serendipity

I read the book last year and enjoyed it. Her interests mirror my own somewhat - food, pursuit of spirituality and pursuit of balance (with love thrown in for good measure.) Except do I have to leave the country to find what I'm looking for?

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Praying is an expression of spirituality, not religion.

I am anti-religion, pro-spirituality.

• changeling
    changeling

I agree with you there madtiger.

Serendipity: It must be nice to take a year off . If I could do that I'd probably write a "best seller" too. LOL

changeling

• r.a.m.
    r.a.m.

Changeling,

In response to this--I was hesitant because of the "pray" part. I'm currently very anti-religion.

Religion is an awful man made thing to take people away from God. To teach them lies about God. I am also quite anti-religion.

However, don't confuse religion with God. God is not in religion. God wants you to come to him through Jesus, not through religion, without the lies that religion has brainwashed the world with. We all need to unreligion ourselves. Go to God in purity, like a child that has never been "taught" God. He truly does love you. Jesus dies for you. He made you clean and he takes all of your sins, every disgusting thing we do, and he takes them as if he has done them. He makes himself dirty so that you can be clean.

Don't let religion spoil your view of God. It's all lies. I ask you to go to God now, through Jesus and his love for you, and pray for faith. You can be mad while you do it, but try not to go in pride. Go to Him in desperation. Go to Him humbly, in truth. He will set you free.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I know this topic was started months ago. I heard about this book a while back and refused to read it. Well, I watched Oprah the other day and saw the author on it so I went out and got the book. I really enjoyed reading it and couldn't put it down. I too am anti-religious but consider myself a spiritual person. I don't know that it would appeal to any men or very few men, but I definitely would recommend it to all of my girlfriends.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Eat, good. Pray Mmmm, Love Yeah baby!!

• Open mind
    Open mind

This girly-man enjoyed it immensely.

Open Mind

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I don't know that it would appeal to any men or very few men, but I definitely would recommend it to all of my girlfriends.

Burn called me a queen, so I guess I can read it now.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You're better off as a queen.

Men are obsolete.

Burn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit