JW tragedy in Newark, New Jersey

by Gopher 22 Replies latest social current

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

The comment made about forgiving the culprits reminded me of the Amish school tragedy where they all denied being angry and were forgiving. I think this denies real human emotion. True forgiveness comes in time...."robot" forgiveness is the onlykind of immediate forgiveness I have ever heard of.

If he were my friend.....I would be going through the "angry" stage right now....

It is sooooo sad.

• free2think
    free2think

How sad.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Bummer He's at least one more who now knows what's the real truth. I bet he is in heaven now. Amen!

• minimus
    minimus

Sad indeed.....However, the spin the WT. would use if someone didn't go in service or at the meeting and got killed would be, "see what happens when we're not at the meetings".

• Gopher
    Gopher
    "The Bible teaches us that we forgive our enemies," Woods said. "That's what we will do. We will forgive our enemies."

This really bugged me too. What's with the word "enemies"? It's not like these drivers said "hey look -- a Jehovah's Witness, let's RUN HIM OVER!!" . Instead, Simon Priester was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But the whole world is "enemies" in the view of JW's.

Come to think of it, we so-called apostates are their worst "enemies". Do JW's forgive us, or do they shun us?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

they shun us to extremes that they should be embarrased about...my girlfriends dad died while she was away..no one called her,cause she was df'd...nice,eh?ill bet thats EXACTLY what jesus would have done.....

• ush419
    ush419

Well i suppose that it will or has been said around the hall that at least he died serving (the society) jehover. Sorry for him and his family what a way to go.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

That is too bad. Tragedy only compounded by the WTS PR machine...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

So sad.....but why are these incidents particularly sad? I honestly don't know or pretend to know........it may have something to do with people going about a useless and futile endeavor and therefore their demise seems particularly pointless. They could have been going to work, shopping, taking their kids to school - the usual things of life. At least those things have some value. But because they were about the business of the WTS - their deaths seem like such a meaningless waste........

• mind my own
    mind my own

Very sad! I feel for the family.

MMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit