Why the Governing Body Calls Us "Apostates"

by t33ap80c 14 Replies latest jw friends

• t33ap80c
    t33ap80c

Why the Governing Body Calls Us "Apostates"

In their article about "Propaganda" the Governing Body explains that one of the "tricks and tactics" that "cunning propagandists" use is "name-calling"…

"Name-calling slaps anegative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name-caller’s strategy has worked."

The Governing Body’s all-time favorite "negative easy-to-remember label" is "apostate ." That label works because it convinces Witnesses to reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves.

But why does the Governing Body have to resort to such a childish tactic as name-calling?

If they had told the truth about the organization’s history in first place they would not now have to work so hard to try to keep their followers from listening to those who are telling them the truth. But of course, if they had told the truth in the first place who would have wanted to have anything to do with this religion in the first place?

That recent September 2007 Kingdom Ministry shows that they are still not ready to face the truth about their illusionary "God's organization" and voluntarily give up control of their millions of followers. And so it is to be expected that Watchtower propaganda with its name-calling tactic will continue to be one of the Governing Body’s favorite ‘weapons of choice.’

Don Cameron

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    The Governing Body’s all-time favorite "negative easy-to-remember label" is " apostate ." That label works because it convinces Witnesses to reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves.

The Bogeyman

• greendawn
    greendawn

They greatly fear ex JWs that disagree with their doctrines because they know that they are hopelessly weak and indefensible before someone that knows them well.

Hence the negative label that will turn people away from them. In fact it is very easy to prove that the JWs are the real apostates who embrace some really wacky, creepy ideas.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

".......if they had told the truth in the first place who would have wanted to have anything to do with this religion in the first place"

So true. Another thing that always convinced me of their lack of honesty (and yet I still stayed with them?) if they had the REAL truth, listening to what others said would not have been an issue because they would have been totally convinced, "inspirationally", that what they believed was 110% accurate.

LINDA

• freyd
    freyd

http://web.archive.org/web/19990210053357/home.sol.no/~jansh/wteng/gbinterview.htm

Interview of a Member of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses

By Michael

[We have been asked to keep his identity secret, he will only be referred to as GBM]

US: Thanks for taking time to be interviewed, you don’t do this often

GBM: We tend to be ridiculed by the media

US: Gee, I wonder why?

GBM: See, you’re doing it

US: Sorry, I just thinking out loud

GBM: Try to respect us as much as we respect you

US: [Laughing]

GBM: Are you mocking me?

US: No, no, not at all. Its just that you don’t seem to respect anyone, other than yourselves

GBM: That’s because we have the TRUTH

US: I see… could you explain how you came to have the "truth"?

GBM: Jesus chose us in 1918

US: Why?

GBM: Because of all the religions in the world only we were preaching about 1914

US: And…

GBM: And, Jesus returned in 1914. Although we thought he came back in 1874, we were preaching about 1914.

US: Weren’t you preaching that the "end of all kingdoms" or the end of the world in 1914

GBM: Yes, I didn’t say anything we were preaching about 1914 was true, but we were the only ones preaching it.

US: So you were chosen as the channel of truth because you were wrong?

GBM: No, because we were right

US: What were you right about

GBM: The year 1914, Jesus returned then

US: I thought you said that Jesus returned in 1874

GBM: He did, I mean, we thought he did, but he corrected us

US: When did he "correct" you

GBM: The light got brighter on that in 1943

US: The light???

GBM: Yes, you see the light gets brighter and brighter

US: Oh so you were writing without the lights on, that certainty explains some of the weird stuff you’ve written

GBM: Not the "lights", the "light" as in "new light"

US: So you bought new bulbs….

GBM: No, new light is a spiritual thing it has nothing to do with lights

US: Where does this new light come from

GBM: Jesus gives it to us

US: How

GBM: He guides us

US: How does he guide you

GBM: He corrects his slave, just as he did with the apostles

US: I will come back to the slave thing in a minute, so Jesus talks to you

GBM: No, no, no. You’re mocking me.

US: No I’m not, I am just trying to understand how Jesus corrects you

GBM: When we feel something needs changing, we change it

US: Yes, but how is Jesus involved in this

GBM: Jehovah guides us with his holy spirit

US: Why are you being so vague on this? How do you receive this divine guidance, do you have dreams or visions, a voice from heaven, or what?

GBM: No all that stuff is from Satan. When God wants us to change we change, its just that simple.

US: Forgive me for asking this again, but, how does God do that?

GBM: I already told you, he guides us

US: Yes, but you have never said how God guides you

GBM: I think you’re asking all these questions because you are opposed

US: So you can’t tell me how God guides you

GBM: Its just to deep for you to understand

US: Oh, its deep all right…

GBM: See, you mock what you don’t understand

US: I’m trying to understand, you’re just not answering the question

GBM: Look, I know a lot more than you do and even I don’t understand it

US: So you’re sure God is guiding you, you’re just not sure how?

GBM: Exactly

US: Okay, so tell us about this "slave" thing

GBM: Jesus prophesied in Matt 24:45 that upon his return he would find a faithful and discreet slave doing the masters bidding and he would place him over all his belongings. So in 1918 he appointed us over all his belongings

US: But didn’t you say that you were wrong about 1874 and 1914? Why would Jesus pick you and why did he take 3 years to do it?

GBM: I’ve already told you he picked us because we were the only ones on earth looking forward to 1914

US: But what you were looking forward to was wrong

GBM: Yes, but the year was right

US: So you were right because you were wrong

GBM: Yes… I mean no, we were right that the year was significant we just didn’t understand it

US: Huh?

GBM: We understood that 1914 was marked in Bible prophecy

US: But you were wrong about everything that was supposed to happen in that year, correct?

GBM: But we were pointing to that year and we were vindicated when WWI broke out

US: How’s that?

GBM: It was a turning point in history, and we were right about that

US: Not really, you predicted the end of the world, not a world war

GBM: The end of the world is a turning point in history! So we were right, in a sense.

US: Or in a nonsense…Okay, tell us why it took Jesus 3 ? years to pick you

GBM: He had to go over all the religions in the world while fighting a war with Satan, can you do two things at once? Huh, can you, can you? No you can’t neither could Jesus.

US: I suppose he could delegate….

GBM: You’re mocking again. He couldn’t delegate because he had to read them all himself

US: Jesus never heard of Evelyn Wood’s Speed Reading, I guess

GBM: Jesus can speed read, but it still took a long time, what with all the religions in the world

US: He didn’t just rule out the non-Christian ones from the get-go

GBM: No, for all he knew the Faithful and Discreet Slave could have been the Buddhists

US: Sounds like heaven could use some drug testing

GBM: There you go again, mocking me. This is why I don’t do interviews.

US: I’m sorry, but it is a little ridiculous to say that Jesus, who performed miracles, would have to take three years to read all the religious writings in the world

GBM: Well that’s what happened

US: If you say so….

GBM: We most definitely say so! That’s how we know its true, because Jehovah revealed it through his channel of communication

US: I thought you were his channel of communication

GBM: Well, the organization is yes

US: So you know what you say is true because you say it

GBM: Yes, in a manner of speaking

US: But haven’t you said many embarrassingly wrong things?

GBM: We don’t claim to be perfect

US: Well that would be a stupid thing to claim, wouldn’t it

GBM: We are not inspired prophets

US: I was unaware that there was such a thing as an uninspired prophet

GBM: As I was saying, we are not inspired by the holy spirit, just guided by it

US: What’s the difference?

GBM: If you’re inspired you can’t be wrong, if you’re guided you can

US: I see…but how can you tell the difference between a false prophet and a non-inspired non-prophet that is guided by the holy spirit. Don’t they both predict things that won’t happen?

GBM: Actually, most people think a false prophet is one that prophecies falsely

US: Like God, for example

GBM: Ahem, but such is not the case, a false prophet is someone that believes in the Trinity

US: Imagine my suprise

GBM: Well of course you’re suprised, the churches of Christendom just don’t teach this to people

US: But doesn’t the Bible define a false prophet as one that predicts something that doesn’t happen?

GBM: Again, this is too deep for you, but there are cases of prophets predicting things that didn’t happen, like Jonah for example, so therefore false prophecy has nothing to do with prophesying falsely, it has to do with believing in the Trinity and hell fire.

US: That’s amazing

GBM: What, learning the truth

US: No, that you can say that with a straight face

GBM: Mocker, this interview is over

US: Wait, wait, can’t I just ask a few more questions

GBM: Okay, but you better change your attitude, why can’t you ask easy questions like "Where did Cain get his wife?"

US: Mail order bride?

GBM: No, he married his sister

US: People in West Virginia carry on that tradition, but back to JW’s…I would like to talk about prophecy for a minute

GBM: Oh boy here comes the boring "false prophecy" list put out by apostates and opposers

US: No, I think those quotes speak for themselves, I want to talk about the seven seals of Revelation

GBM: That is a very deep subject

US: I’ll do my best to keep up with you. So is it true that you claim that the seven trumpets of where seven resolutions at seven assemblies from 1922-1928? If this is so, why doesn’t anyone, other than a few JW’s that have to look it up, even know what the resolutions are?

GBM: Because of the conspiracy of silence on the part of the world’s news media

US: So God needs the media?

GBM: No, he doesn’t that’s why he used us to blast forth the bold symbolic trumpet messages

US: Without looking them up, what where these messages?

GBM: I don’t recall off hand, but some of our cartoons from the thirties were also judgment messages from Jehovah

US: I have often felt that "Garfield" was a stinging judgment message from Jehovah against cat owners

GBM: That’s it, this interview is over

US: Perhaps we could talk again

GBM: Maybe, but you’re not really an "interested one."

US: Thank you for your time, I am certain that you have helped people come to a conclusion about Jehovah’s Witnesses

GBM: All the answers to your questions can be found on our Web Page at www.watchtower.org.*

US: I thought it was blank

GBM: It is, that’s all the answers we have.go back to first page

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Greendawn wrote

They greatly fear ex JWs that disagree with their doctrines because they know that they are hopelessly weak and indefensible before someone that knows them well.

Yes they do fear us, and with good reason, especially the ones that have walked away
    having researched the org. Most ex jws on here and other forums know far more
    about watchtower doctrine than probably 99% of current jws. We've seen through
    their false promises, and we can easily show that most of them aren't scripture-
    based if looked at in context.

They don't want their followers talking to us, and who can blame then? They
    know that we know the truth about them, and so label us as apostates, while
    at the same time warning their followers how twisted and evil we are.

I have long thought that their shunning tactic is in reality a security measure
    used by the org to ensure that jws don't have anything to do with their former
    colleagues, who are more often than not leading much happier and productive
    lives post watchtower. They would never want their followers to see that, in case
    they are tempted to ask why, and maybe also start thinking fro themselves.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Freyd...........Brilliant!! lol

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

RE: The Interview

No facts, no truths and messages through their sources....not even inspired by God????? That says alot right there.

LINDA

• eclipse
    eclipse

Freyd, that was hilarious! I loved it!

t33ap80c, great article!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Power achieved is power gained

This ideological stature is manifested in allot of these cults and the people at the top of the pile are never hardly willing to give it up very easily.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit