OK so what happened at the meeting last night??? Anyone go??

by unique1 8 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

Last I heard from my dad, he only wanted to hear from my hubby who did not send in a letter because they weren't harassing him, just me.

6+ months later and I get an email this morning.

Just to let you know that we are doing fine.Hope you are doing well. If you guys ever have any problems or need help let us know. We love you. Mom and Dad

Although the problems throws up a red flag, I wanna know what precipitated this change of heart. Any ideas? KM part maybe?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Maybe they just love you.

Jehovah's Witnesses, as you know, aren't "bad" people.

They're just programmed by a cult.

I hope this leads to an improved relationship with your folks.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't know about the meeting, so I will let your question stand.

I would give the benefit of the doubt, though. They want to do what is right
    by you, they just have that damned cult interfering with their proper thinking.

They will go back to cult training, so I would not look at this as a regular thing,
    but just as an invitation to depend on them if things get really bad for you.

Also, JW's assume that without Jah's blessings, things will go really bad for you.
    When you need to call, don't let it become a preaching session, but actually
    rely on them for actual help.

Edited to add: OR they figured they could count time by emailing you.

• unique1
    unique1
    OR they figured they could count time by emailing you.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm trying to decide which would be worse for me.

To find out that there was an anouncement or 'new light' on how to treat df'd ones, and my parents still didn't contact me,

Or if no change is ever made.

lisa

• alanv
    alanv

I gather there was a talk at the district conventions in the summer to reach out to inactive ones to try to get them back. This makes sense as they desperately need more witnesses to keep the numbers up.

I was flabbergasted myself several weeks ago when a witness who had avoided me like the plague smiled at me from her car.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

To find out that there was an anouncement or 'new light' on how to treat df'd ones, and my parents still didn't contact me,

Or if no change is ever made.

lisa

I hear ya there Lisa...I'm not DF'd and my parents have cut me off basically. They may call me when it gets closer to Christmas though.

Hugs to ya!

Gina

Edit to add: Maybe they are fighting between what they want, which is to be good parents towards you and what they are being told to do, which is to ignore your family?

• Open mind
    Open mind

OK, I'll regurgitate the putrid meat if you really want it. At least here's some stuff I can remember.

Nothing earth shaking on the TMS that I can think of. Unless you consider a #4 talk reminding everyone of the suicide-pact blood policy to be earth shaking.

The Circus Meeting had an excrutiatingly long "Audience Discussion" of the annual Letter from the Branch which is on the front page of the KM. Maybe this reminder of how great the Org is doing was the catalyst for your parents. The U.S. had an all time peak of Regular Pioneers if anyone cares. A little over 103,000 if I remember correctly. Woo hoo. The letter also talked about the displaced Bethelites ( I think, or maybe the brother just took it upon himself to go off in left field, can't remember for sure.) Anyway, the white-washing he gave of how well the middle aged Bethelites are doing now that they've had their security blankets yanked away was truly nauseating.

Then there was a long Q&A part on how to preach better (I think). I TOTALLY zoned out on this one. Actually I think it was more of a "Beat the Sheep, DO MORE, DO MORE" article.

Anyway, if anything was the catalyst for your parents, I'm guessing it was the Branch Letter. I hope not though. I'm hoping they're just allowing themselves to show a little humanity.

Open Mind

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I gather there was a talk at the district conventions in the summer to reach out to inactive ones to try to get them back.

if there was, it was wasted on the elders around here, and I don't live a million miles away from you. I attend the Hall sometimes, taking my wife who appreciates the support..but I am totally ignored, except for smiles and smalltalk . Nobody wants to "reach out" Hell ! they dont even look after their own.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit