What about the "public" WT?

by yknot 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Any opinions?

Do you expect it to change, to become more like the Awake with one small Bible-ish commentary!

What is the point of a public Watchtower anyways? The Awake is far more likely to be read then the WT. Why not just dump it alltogether? Tracts are cheaper to make and are easier to leave in the door.

Will it show JW life as modern and mainstream? What is the "Sell" here? I just don't get it!!!!

Okay TY for allowing my mini rant.......but please share comments.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's all a waste. They continue printing the Showcase Puketower and the Asleep magazines, only to have another of their endless stupid crapt campaigns. While the crapt campaign is going on, you are supposed to suspend magazine and book placements to get a crapt at every door in the territory. The Puketower and Asleep magazines pile up as the result, resulting in more people having to spend excessive time in field circus later trying to get rid of them.

• JK666
    JK666

Maybe it should be called "Watchtower Lite."

JK

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Lol JK - the decaff version?

I think the only people this matters to are the R&F who may see it as significant. Do the public actually READ the WT anyway? The Awake maybe...so perhaps it'll be more 'Worldly Education'-like, not 'deep' crap that only JWs pretend to can understand.

• changeling
    changeling

"Watchtower For Dummies". Oh, wait, that's the members only edition.

changeling

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Watchtower Society is doing its part to help bring on Armageddon by consuming millions of pounds of trees a year, thereby promoting global warming, which in turn affects the entire ecosystem.

Thankyou Watchtower Society, for screwing up the planet with your BS cult propaganda.

• sir82
    sir82
    Why not just dump it alltogether?

Actually, what will likely happen in, oh, 4-5 years, assuming that contributions continue to dry up and lawsuit payouts increase, is that the Awake will be scrapped and the JWs will offer just one magazine to the public.

Oh, and it will be heralded as a "simplification"! Praise Jah, such a simple God!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Do you expect it to change, to become more like the Awake with one small Bible-ish commentary!

It will become more like Awake! Not too long and the two will be one.
    I am convinced that the accountants have a formula. If profits drop to
    such a point, they cut something else out. If they continue to drop to
    such another point, they cut something else out.

Since WT is not making much money on mags, they would probably
    get thinner and thinner before disappearing. It's their flagship, so it would
    be hard to do away with the mags entirely. The public WT will become
    WT/Awake, then it will eventually be a monthly flyer of 8 pages (2 sheets
    folded together like many Kingdom Ministries are).

I give it only one year before they combine the two. Who know how long
    after that before it gets thinner? Depends on lawsuits and real estate sales.

• bsmart
    bsmart

So it is 6 years later, does it seem that combining the two will happen??? Mind you I have only seen a pair of these leaflets once this year...at my JW sister's house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit