A coup against the Watchtower?

by Dead Man Joaquin 34 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

I believe that if enough "anointed" get fed up with the hypocrisy of the leadership, a coup may be likely if not inevitable.

What I've been wondering is: How would such a scenario play out in real life? I'm sure we can agree that all the organizational power ultimately rests in the hands of the eleven little men in Brooklyn known collectively as the Governing Body. How difficult would it be for a well-organized group of "anointed" to overthrow these men? What security measures would they be up against?

Your thoughts please?

• lawrence
    lawrence

As Jim Morrison said, they would have their subscription to the resurrection cancelled.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I've stated this in other posts. My "nose" tells me there are already winds blowing in this direction.

The Kool-Aid version coming out in Jan. will probably begin to crack down on those expressing dissention,

even light dissention. But, "the annointed" may be speaking up more than in the past, especially since

it seems that some younger ones are claiming to "hear the heavenly call" now.

• sir82
    sir82

Dude, in the eyes of the Governing Body, "the anointed" are held in esteem at a level only slightly higher than morons.

They don't give a rat's patootie what "the anointed" think - they are quite convinced that the vast majority of them are psychos with emotional and/or metal problems (see the 5/1/07 QFR about how "the anointed" do not have more holy spirit than members of the "great crowd" and should not expect special treatment).

While lip service is given to the idea that "the faithful and discreet slave" is "all of the anointed on the earth", in practical terms, JWs are trained to think that "FDS = GB" only.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a coup" - the GB have no legal responsibilities - they're pretty much just a "think tank" that dispenses their "wisdom" to the various committees of the WTBTS, who then implement whatever it is that needs to be done.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

kind of like what happend after Russell died, the JW's took over Pastor Russell's group.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    "the anointed" do not have more holy spirit than members of the "great crowd" and should not expect special treatment).

Sir82

This is why I think there may be a bit of dissention going on among those claiming to be of the annointed. They may

be speaking up more than in the past, therefore, the WTS has seen fit to issue an article telling the congregations that

these people (meaning, the annointed) have no more holy spirit than anyone else. In other words, don't listen to what

they say. They are not inspired of holy spirit. Listen only to us, the GB. We, alone, are chosen.

Yep, I smell the beginnings of a coup.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Really, you think "Old Brother Jenkins" and "Aunt Mabel" somewhere in Pine Bluff, AR will stage a coup against the GB?

• BrentR
    BrentR

A coupe sounds like a great idea! I will build the torches and can get a great deal at Home Depot on pitch forks and kerosene. It can be like a party!

• bennyk
    bennyk

Yes; there is dissension. What of it? When an "anointed" disagrees with official WTS dogma, he soon departs or is expelled.

Remember: Two-thirds of the Governing Body can disfellowship the other third and all the other anointed combined.

Ergo: Expect no coup, just dry-rot. (Not with a bang, but a whimper.)

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

who are these share holders that are always voting? how did they get to be such and what control over the "socieity" do they have? perhaps they can bring down the GB?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit