No spaghetti stringed dresses at KH or FS

by White Dove 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    If witlesses were still allowed to have a beach party, they would see far more naked flesh than this.

Yes, but as for all things there is a time and a place. There is nothing worse then going to a meeting and sister Hottie is sitting in front of you wearing something tight and revealing. It's hot and I want to take off my jacket, but the last thing I want is to take it off for fear that my pants have become tight and revealing. How do I solve this problem? Tell sister Hottie to cover it up, or else she's weak.

Kwin

• White Dove
    White Dove

I said spaghetti straps, not low cut. I've seen very modest dresses with the straps. What's with a little shoulder, anyway? Might as well tape up our boobs, too, huh? It's all because of repressed sexuality that the guys are not used to these normal dresses. They are constantly reminded that they are sexy. Of course they will get hards on.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

Bangalore

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

So blitz... She's single now? Where might she be located again?

lol...

• mamalove
    mamalove

Why was this bumped?

At the same time, I am glad because I PM'd a poster who might have some advice, but I feel like an idiot because this was 3 years ago, and he is going to be like why are you asking me this....it was 3 years ago. LOL

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Banagalore, it seems to be an odd time of the year to bump this kind of thread, no?
    (Unless you happen to live on the bottom side of the world...)

V665V665

• sd-7
    sd-7

I used to see these kinds of dresses all the time at conventions. Some people definitely did not have the body type for it and were kind of...engaging in a 'this generation'-style overlap in terms of back fat, but um...still, it's not really a big deal. It's sort of sexy without being slutty, for lack of a better term. It's like...'I don't mind showing my arms and upper back, but it leaves the rest to the imagination', unless you're really busting out of it or something.

Of course, you couldn't wear that kind of dress if you were doing a part on the convention program, and as they say, if you couldn't wear it on the platform, you shouldn't wear it period.

I always felt women should dress modestly, but not necessarily with a floor-length dress; just don't show anything you'd feel uncomfortable with people seeing. If you show it, expect a normal man to look at it, at least a little. Bearing that in mind seems like an incentive to not show too much, you know? Actually, I find being modest can, at times, be sexy in itself. The whole 'sexually repressed' look can be pretty exciting in itself, from a certain point of view.

But I'm suddenly reminded of that old man who allegedly wrote in to the WTS and was highlight on the back of a magazine. He described two 'angels' coming to his door, evidently meaning two young sisters who called on him repeatedly. Maybe they were wearing spaghetti straps, eh? Eh?

-sd-7

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Then there is the old saying: If you're not selling, don't advertise! If you're a female who doesn't want men to look, dress accordingly, please...

V665V665

• Scully
    Scully

When I was newly married, I made a lot of my own clothes, and I often altered patterns so that they didn't show too much, and I never wore spaghetti straps unless I had a shawl or jacket to wear over top. There was this one dress, with a v-neckline, that I wore to the KH several times. It wasn't a deep v-neck, and at the time I had no cleavage at all. Yet this one newly-baptized Brother™ took it upon himself to Counsel™ me about my clothing, saying that my dress was too revealing.

Obviously, when a man tells a woman that her otherwise modest clothes are too revealing, it's because he got "excited" by what he saw and needs to blame someone for the uncomfortable tightness in the crotch area.

I didn't let this jerk get away with it. I told him that if he had a problem with my clothes, he should be discussing it with my husband. Then I asked him why he was looking so closely at my body, and suggested we go and speak to the Elders™ about his little problem.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Scully states ....

Obviously, when a man tells a woman that her otherwise modest clothes are too revealing, it's because he got "excited" by what he saw and needs to blame someone for the uncomfortable tightness in the crotch area.

I didn't let this jerk get away with it. I told him that if he had a problem with my clothes, he should be discussing it with my husband. Then I asked him why he was looking so closely at my body, and suggested we go and speak to the Elders™ about his little problem.

I think, that was bold and courageous of you. As a male, I am impressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit