Is the Bible really from God.....

by REBORNAGAIN 28 Replies latest jw friends

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

or just from everyday people like you and me and Christians just held on to it because it gave them something to hope for and put faith in?

If it really is from God, why are things still so mysterious, i.e. why are we still in the dark about the future? Humans on earth today still cannot convey exactly what our future holds. I'm beginning to think, the Bible is just another human made book well preserved over many many years. So many things mentioned in the Bible are only logical, such as the rainbow. That still doesn't prove He will never cause another earthwide flood, nor does it prove there ever was one. The rainbow appears because of the sun & rain combined. What's inspirational about that?

LINDA

• serotonin_wraith
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Are you a born-again Christian, Linda?

I am impressed with how open you are.

• changeling
    changeling

Yeah Linda, I never thought I'd hear you ask such a question.

But now that you have...

IMHO, there is no god, therfore the Bible is "just a book".

There is no absolute "truth" or purpose.

This may sound harsh or negative to you at first.

In actuality, this realization has brought me comfort and joy.

It has set me free and it has made me more aware of how precious life really is.

changeling

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Born Again? Yes and/or no. I'm just still confused. Too many wishy washy things going on in this world. I do believe in Jesus and I do believe that He and others were sent to the earth by God, but there are still so many unanswered questions and after hearing JW lies for so many years, it's hard to know what to believe anymore.

LINDA

• Gopher
    Gopher

When scrutinizing the Bible, it becomes apparent it is just another book written by man. If it came from an all-knowing deity it would not be so absurd.

Here's a website for you that lists a lot of its absurdities and quirks: http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I'm just still confused. Too many wishy washy things going on in this world. I do believe in Jesus and I do believe that He and others were sent to the earth by God, but there are still so many unanswered questions and after hearing JW lies for so many years, it's hard to know what to believe anymore.

Your honesty with yourself will reward you.

Very refreshing to see.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Enjoy the ride!

Open Mind

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one was these doubts. I've been seriously investigating things on the internet about the bible. From the myth of the flood and how it was adopted by the hebrews many years later and more....I believe there are many sacred books out there..But as far as I can see there isn't one that has "divine" inspiration...I think the bible is a good book to read..It does have history and alot of good advice...Now unly fundamentalist believe the bible to be infallible truth. But many christians have a more balanced view....You don't have to give up your belief in God just because you don't believe the bible to be absolute truth...

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Each book has the name of it's author-John, Mathew, etc. It's an interesting history book written by people with minimal knowledge of the real world, God had squat to do with it.

Sorry, but I have little interest in Eveangelicals after Bush veto'ed a plan to add medical coverage to young children today. Did not the bible clearly indicate that killing people was against God's will. Another double standard from a bumbling Bush.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit