Calling ALL EX-witnesses!

by FiveShadows 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

I have a book and website... so I must be real.

www.HaveYouSeenMyMother.com

Bryan Lee McGlothin

• B.A.S.F.
    B.A.S.F.

Hi Mouthy! I too was a very zealous jw for 22 years. The last 3 years of it found me questioning more and more until the "light" finally WAS turned on. That was 10 years ago and I remember very vividly the day I realized that I was finally free! It felt like for the first time in 22 years I could actually breath again. But freedom comes with a price. My daughter and her husband too turned their backs to me. I have not seen my grandson in 9 years. He wouldn't even know me if he saw me. My husband is still in it but thankfully he stayed in the marriage; although the "friends" did their best to convince him to leave me. According to them I was spiritual poison. I know the day will come when the organization will finally hang themselves with their stupid teachings and my family will open their eyes. For now, I savor my sweet freedom. B.A.S.F.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi Mouthy! I too was a very zealous jw for 22 years. The last 3 years of it found me questioning more and more until the "light" finally WAS turned on. That was 10 years ago and I remember very vividly the day I realized that I was finally free! It felt like for the first time in 22 years I could actually breath again. But freedom comes with a price. My daughter and her husband too turned their backs to me. I have not seen my grandson in 9 years. He wouldn't even know me if he saw me. My husband is still in it but thankfully he stayed in the marriage; although the "friends" did their best to convince him to leave me. According to them I was spiritual poison. I know the day will come when the organization will finally hang themselves with their stupid teachings and my family will open their eyes. For now, I savor my sweet freedom. B.A.S.F. Oh I was sorry to hear about the loss of your family...It is so cruel. I do hope your hubby sees the light soon. I didnt answer you beforre as you posted to far up the list.... But so glad I found you. Hang in there sweetie ((((HUG)))

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I'd be willing to be intervieed or whatever. PM me or call.

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

Yes I totally understand, even from my own personal expeience why it's so important for many to remain anonymous. But quite frankly, my professor doesn't really take things seriously, unless there's 'hardcore eveidence' behind it. She even mentioned in class, 'if your using a website ..you can't say: 'Eatsboogersregularly says: I was hurt very badly' ... Quite frankly, i think I would only be able to use anonymity ONCE in the paper...with a link and say 'A person who wishes to remain anonymous says this of her/her experience:' ..i can't keep saying that...or else my entire paper would look that way. But having ONE anonymous source...with a link attached DOES add to the intensity of fear grip that the organization has on people. I mean...Which is why i plainly stated, i do need people's names. I REALLY need an ELDER too! i'm getting responses on this and i'm extremely happy with everyone's cooperations and willingness to provide support to the thesis. I'm getting different kinds of experiences...international experiences...so yes, i need yours! I understand though if it's impairative to have anonymity.

Fs

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

B.A.S.F.

I am terribly sorry for your loss and of the many others that have lost many things, people, family members, relationships, through the organization. Some have even lost their own lives and that's horrible. I am not a stranger to loss...I have lost many things, my brother though my mother is still okay with me, and many childhood friends. I'm sorry you had to go through that pain and like many of us here...we all share in this pain, though some more than others. But regardless the pain itself is hurt alone. I want to take this time and thank everyone for their input...their stories...and willingness and openness and those who private messaged me eager to start. I do appreciate all your help. Thank you again..i will keep in touch and definately write the finished product.

Me

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

There are a number of non-anonymously ex-jw books available. Perhaps you could contact the publishing companies and interview some of the authors themselves. Now that would seriously impress your professor, don't you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit