Spouses of JW's who attend meetings but never get baptized

by Bonnie_Clyde 12 Replies latest jw friends

• pratt1
    pratt1

My Dad was one of those"unbelieving spouses".

For years my mom guilted my dad into going to the meetings with reasons like, all the other children has their father at the meetings, don't you want your son to have the same?

poor dad gave in and eventually had a bible study with our old "Anointed Elder" he was in his 90's.

My dad consented to getting baptized and even went through the 90? questions.

The questions were held in the back room of the hall and there were about 20 people also planning to get baptized.

When they got to the question- Do you believe that Jehovah's Witinesses are the true religion, my dad in a very firm and loud voice said"HELL NO!"

They then asked him why he had a bible study and came to teh meetings if he didn't believe? He answered, to keep my wife off his back!

Needless to say, he did not get baptized.

I thank God everyday for my dad.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    When they got to the question- Do you believe that Jehovah's Witinesses are the true religion, my dad in a very firm and loud voice said"HELL NO!"

How I wish I could have had a dad like yours!

• kifoy
    kifoy

LOL :-)

I wish I were there to drop a needle and listen to it falling to the floor.. :-D

Great, brave and dead honest dad!

kifoy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit