The Watchtower has trained us well.....to be vocal apostate's!

by megsmomma 13 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am vocal for many of the reasons stated above - they are all valid points.

But my primary vocality stems from the exit process itself. All those who are so terribly hurt [including me], and then are trampled as trash by other Jw's due to GB misapplication of scripture for self-protection against reality and truth, feel a need to strike back.

If this hateful bunch would just let those who wish to, leave and get on with it - not DF or force a DA out of everyone who dares to begin thinking, I think that many would be far less militant and openly vocal about the religion. I have known many persons who left many religions. Other than a few Mormons or Amish who have been dealt with in a similar way to Jw's - shunning - most are able to simply re-integrate into communities of their choosing.

But the hard line - "If you leave us we will ruin your reputation, take your children and grandchildren away from you, and openly shun you" -attitude makes me militant beyond my normal nature. It is the friend or foe attitude that makes me the way I am. If I could have just walked up to the elders and stated that I no longer believed that they had it right, and so was moving on, in a short time I would have had little in common with Jehovah's Witnesses, would have likely quit associating with many, or any, of them outside my own family, and would have just gotten on with it.

Of course the downside to the bOrg would have been that many would exit far earlier. Hence the real reasons behind the hate.

Jeff

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

They trained us, now we use those abilities against our former masters,

Karma is a bitch, is that like 'their karma is gonna run over their Dogma?'

RD

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Great points everyone!! Thanks for the comments!

I do agree that one of the main reasons for us being vocal about their teachings is that even when we are out of it...it still affects most of us by having family that are still in and shunning us.

I also agree that the organisation has something very sinister going on.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I particularly appreciate what the TMS did for me!!!

Oh, and while we are at...

Those cherished and sought after speaking parts extolling the virtues of the Watchtower's "Faithful Slave"

It's a breeze to stand up in front of a group of Christians and explain Watchtower Society doctrines while using direct scans out of their own publications and then show them how to be effective in responding to the well-meaning JW at your front door as he or she tells you about their 'angel Jesus' and how your faith in Christ alone will not save you without the Watchtower's "Faithful Slave' to show you what the 'angel Jesus' really meant when he said stuff about salvation and Grace and loving one another.

Funny thing is...

I bet the boyz in Brooklyn never imagined that we would come to never fear them and their "You leave us and Jehovah is going to destroy you" dogma.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit