"Question Authority"(think for yourself) is it a good or bad idea?

by frankiespeakin 42 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LH,

People shouldn't just question what the 'authority' says but they should question the 'authority's' authority!

• choosing life
    choosing life

Absolutely, we must question authority or become mere puppets. Thanks for the Timothy Leary video. I will watch it tomorrow. One of my heroes.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Und,

In 50 years all the ones who controll us now will be dead, how do the new controllers get their positions?

I would guess it is a family thing most of the time with a newcommer barging in unexspectedly every now an then.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It will probably be a remedy from within the DNA swarm of our planet to hopefully free us from the political thought viruses(memes(sp?) if we are to survive.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Reb,

"Who doesn't ask, stays dumb.

Some prefer to stay that way for pain of conscience. The reality is much too great a shock for some.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nvr,

Timothy Leary's dead :(

Yes, even with all his brissles, his love shines through. He really was a very good man in my book of concepts. Anti establishment in many ways

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nark,

But we can certainly rejoice when we do break free and when we see others breaking free, too -- even though that may mean, breaking free from our own influence.

Agreed, Ahh to dance with one hand waving free(but not two I'm sorry to say).

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Anew,

Those who do are less likely to fall prey to all the little dictators everywhere out there!
    They are everywhere! In religion, in government, at work, in your neighborhood and sometimes in your own family, trying to control and imprison everyone and everything around them.

Just the fact of recognizing this, can free you, profoundly.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

V1,

i haven't thought about timothy leary in a loooooooooooooooong time. i always question authority, sometimes to my detriment (on the job etc.)

When was one does ponder this deeply,,, unsteady and woobly feet are sometimes the feeling. IMO

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Choos,

Absolutely, we must question authority or become mere puppets. Thanks for the Timothy Leary video. I will watch it tomorrow. One of my heroes.

He taught us alot a really kind hearted guru IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit