Will you always be a Jehovah's witness?

by tsunami_rid3r 11 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello, Tsun, and a belated welcome to JWD!

I cannot give a resounding "yes" just yet as I'm into two year's inactivity and a concurrent fade.

I spend a great deal of time sharing information from the board with active JWs. To those who are upset with the Society and its policies, I am a dissaffected but sympathetic Witness. To the true believers, I am a loyal but informed and concerned JW. They all listen intently and seem more concerned about Christian principles of love and mercy than blindly following the Watch Tower rules and regulations that bind and gag.

Therefore, I am a JW as long as it serves the purpose stated above. My story could well change tomorrow ...

Thanks,

CoCo

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I was like you when I got out- I despised the mention of religion, any religion. I was lucky enough to live in an area where hardly anyone is religious, or if they are they've learnt to keep quiet about it. So it was never really a problem. I started chatting about religion years later, but I did need that gap of nothing. In the Bible Belt that may be hard, but I doubt everyone at your college is a Christian. Put an ad to meet some people who aren't religious, that could help you out. Or even if you don't find those people, don't feel you have to fit in with the crowd. In Sweden only 10% of people believe in a god, so don't feel you should be influenced by where you are. You should be who you are, no matter where that is. Set the trend yourself- you're living for you, not them. They have their lives, why should they take over yours too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit