We're All Gonna Die!!

by Lloyd Braun 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Lloyd Braun
    Lloyd Braun

I began this idea in another thread, but I thought I would continue it here. A lot of people talk about how God will ultimately punish those who get away with murder and other crimes, in the long run. But I was thinking:

Don't we already all receive the punishment of sweet death? Isn't it beautiful to know that we are all sinners who pay for our sins with our own deaths, and that's it? Isn't it great that God has delivered this punishment (righteous punishment)?

I think the idea that death is an experience that we all are going to have occur is wonderful and loving.

Wouldn't living forever be a punishment in itself rather than reward?

Matt

• aniron
    aniron

"Dying would be an awfully big adventure" Peter Pan.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

We'll All Be Dead Someday

So much for justice.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

For the record I would like to say that if someone offered me a pill that would give me eternal life (well - a little hard to clinically test such a claim, but...) and it in fact did work and I would remain healthy and relatively young - - I would consider it a no-brainer: I would take it. With the option of ending my own life if needed. Unless of course there were sufficient evidence of an afterlife. Then the pill would be kinda pointless. I wouldn't mind at all living forever.

I don't think that is very likely to happen though(!), and am aware that one day the universe will be there without me. As it has been for billions of years without me protesting it too much.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    We're All Gonna Die!!

Weeeeeeeee!!!

(Starts singing Gonads and Strife)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm with Peter Pan and Elsewhere

See you all when we get there

• JK666
    JK666

"Billions Now Living Are Going To Die"

- a talk by Judge JK

Donations Welcome

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

In the very early days of the adventist movement, one fellow wrote a book that addressed how the traditional xtian view of eternal damnation was flawed because it meant the evil dead were immortal! In torment (according to dogma) but undying, which defied the biblical "thou shalt die" clause.

...just thought I'd interject that...

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is a JW idea that doesn't seem to be right, how can death clear the slate of everyone equally, it will be like punishing those that committed serious crimes the same as those that committed minor crimes or transgressions. This doesn't fit reason.

More likely there will be more punishment due upon resurrection depending also on how much ignorance and coercion played a part in a sinful life. And of course the JW standards of right and wrong don't count since they are invalid.

• wednesday
    wednesday

they told us be would not die, or most likely would not die. Armageddon would come before we got old. so much for that

Sarah Silverman has cute song about this

your going to die soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPiFhjCxXpk&mode=related&search=

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit