Eating Out and Spiritual Food Poisoning

by Clam 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• Clam
    Clam

Spiritual food is available through a variety of outlets. I once visited a restaurant called The Organisation. It had been recommended to me by a family member. The Organisation operates a carvery system where one can basically eat as much as one likes for a set price. The price usually isn't disclosed until way into the meal. Although the portions were generous, huge in fact, the combinations didn't really work. Some things simply conflicted with others. I complained.

What happened? The Maitre d' asked me to leave. "Leave?" I exclaimed. "Yes, we know there's nothing wrong with your food. In fact it's prepared by chefs who are truly inspired. The problem is with you."

So I was ignominiously ejected. Did I go somewhere else? No I didn't. I found it a lot less trouble to prepare my own food. Then I noticed that it's possible to go without if you prefer. The spirit doesn't seem to require food, especially when it's had a bad experience of poisoning.

Clam

• avengers
    avengers

You didn't by accident eat bad clams did you Clam?

lol.

I is bad.

Andy

• Clam
    Clam

No Avengers, all I can remember is that it was nutty.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Clam ...

"Food poisoning" results from our eating leftovers from the "rich spiritual banquet" prepared by the FDS some 30-plus years ago, viz, pre-1975. No proper means of preservation. Nothing nourishing to replenish and restore the spirit. Nothing new [as told me by some insightful JWs] ... Any wonder the languishing brotherhood?

Prepare your own "meals" - you're correct! You've a new kitchen - all singing, all dancing? Yes?

Thanks for the ironical format.

Noel CoCo Ward

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Yeah, I used to visit that retaraunt as well Clam. I went up to 3
    times a week for 8 years, and I liked the taste of the food for
    quite a lot of the time, which is why I kept going to it.

You can have too much of a good thing though, and after a while
    the standard of the food dropped, the flavour became rather bitter,
    so I decided to stop going, and I've never gone back.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The problem with this poison laced food is that its effects can linger on for a long time and since hundreds of thousands of people have been poisoned by it and a few thousands died I am astonished that the restaurant serving it hasn't yet been closed. They must have some really powerful contacts very high up.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I ate there too, ever since I was in the womb.

But where I live that chain of restaurants is known as the Organization.

I've recovered fairly well since purging my system of all that toxicity, but it may take many years to be fully restored to proper health.

The saddest part is, some people I care about very much continue to dine there frequently.

• bluebell
    bluebell

Yes the after effects do last a while don't they?

• BFD
    BFD

I ate at that restaurant and the after taste lingered 30 years after I was asked to leave. They don't have a smoking section there and if you go outside for cigarette they don't let you back in.

BFD

• poppers
    poppers

Nice analogy. Too bad there isn't a Department of Health that could be informed about this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit