WHAT WOULD JWS DO IF BRITISH SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM COLLAPSED?

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JayAre
    JayAre

My grandma is still a JW and I visit her frequently. She's always regaling me of tales of people in her congregation who don't work because they've got ME, have a bad back, are depressed, are signed off work because of stress etc etc. If the social security system collapsed, I reckon that in the UK, half the JWs would end up at Salvation Army food give-outs. Otherwise, they'd stop swinging the lead and go back to work.

• bluebell
    bluebell

What would alot of people do? The system is great but flawed. We should help those in need but people not in need shouldn't be able to work the system like they do. My dad plays golf with a guy on disability because he has angina. He plays golf every day but is too ill to work! My bro had a rough childhood like me and resorted to drink and drugs. He is now 33 and has done about 4 yrs of work in his whole life, who would employ him now? My hubby got chucked out of his home by his biological mother (she didn't bring him up, he refers to her as his aunt) and when he tried to get help he was told that he wasn't a priority as he didn't have a drugs/drink problem and wasn't pregnant. They told him to come back if he lost his job from living on the street, cos then they could help!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

rejoice and say "Armageddon must be just around the corner"

• badboy
    badboy

I reckon that one day,it will only be for the disabled.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So how many Brit-dubs are on the dole? (BTW I love that phrase....)

Out of a congregation of 100, how many would take advantage of the social security? Or is it that the pioneers have no choice but to go on the dole?

I know there were at least two starving pioneers who were scheming to get on subsidized housing. They were proud of their goal, so they could spend more time pushing their pamphlets on uninterested people....

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

The real question is what will everyone do, not just JW. This impacts eveyone, not just them. And if it impact a few hundred JW's so what, it won't be as much as the millions who actually need it who have nothing to do with being JW or have never heard of what a JW is. Amazing how everything around here is taken as a form to bash others.

• badboy
    badboy

THERE ARE SAYING THAT 9 OUT OF 10 SHOULDN'T BE ON SOCIAL SECURITY.

• orbison11
    orbison11

saw a news bit on the vancouver, bc, canada tv the other night,,,i was so infuriated, i shot off an email to a memeber of parliament,,,,john white,,i think,,,who resides in abbotsford, just outside of vancouver

my point,,,,this 'program' that was going to be implemented in vancouver was to give herioin addicts heroin

wth,,,,,so in my email to mr MP,,,i said,,,,,i am a 52 year old female,,,,who works 10-11 hours a day, 5-6 days a week

if this comes to be, i will become a heroin addict,,,whereby i can get $920 per month from welfare dissbility (having an addiction) and i can get free heroin and a nurse to visit me every week

at my age,,,,i can go out with a bang,,,,,and on dissabliity welfare, i can still make $400 a month, so i can still work, lol

orb

• badboy
    badboy

I BELIEVE THEY WILL BE BETWEEN 25 AND 50 YEARS ,POSSIBLY SOONER BEFORE SYSTEM WILL COLLAPSE.

• badboy
    badboy

ORBISON,I CAN FEEL YOUR FRUSTATON WITH THE SYSTEM!

ON A SEPARATE NOTE,I AM WONDERING IF BENEFIT SYSTEM WOULD COLLAPSE IF THERE WAS A FLU PANDEMIC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit