Emotion

by MsMcDucket 27 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Mum
    Mum

With sympathy to you in your sorrow,

SandraC

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I am so sorry for your loss. I think when you lose a parent it makes you feel like an orphan. Parents represent stability, safety. It kinda of makes you feel like you are free falling. It does get better in time, but you will always feel that lose in one way or another. Just know that we are here for you.

hug8.jpg image by Lesliev1031

Leslie

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Thanks to everyone that responded and to those that didn't know how to respond. Life is strange!

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Please accept my warm sympathy, MsMcDukett, all those who lost a parent whom they were close to (I was to my mum who passed away one year ago, the fact she was quite elderly, 92, didn't lessen the grief) can understand what you feel. I think that talking about the late parent helps the strain go out, and time does its work, fortunately.

Just one point about Sweetface's experience at her doctor's. This afternoon, a friend of mine, who is about 75 old and resents physically and emotionally from the many difficuties she has exprienced in her life (a violent husband, her son's suicide 10 years ago) told me that she went to a sort of bone setter who hit her upper vertebra, called atlas vertebra, and all of a sudden she burst into tears and felt as if that physical and emotional pain was drained off, and she says that she feels much better since then. Inwardly I wondered what was the part of self suggestion in her cure, but Sweetface's post puzzles me now.

• Es
    Es

My nan has only just passed away, I was very close to her, I too didnt cry when I saw her in the hospital bed, today is the funeral......I just keep waiting for it to hit me, I feel I need to cry or do something to reassure my self how special and close to her I was.

But thats how I deal with death, I dont cry I go into a denial and move on.

Im sorry that you are hurting, big hugs

es

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Ms. Mc D - Your doctor may have over-reacted to your repressed sorrow. There's nothing wrong with a good cry, especially under the circumstances! I am so sorry for your loss. You sound like you're dealing with a depression on top of the grief. I hope you find healing and comfort in your grief. Hugs! Things seem to be very challenging for a lot of people lately. Sometimes it's overwhelming to realize how much sadness and struggle comes with the joy in life.

I hope you are able to get back on track and move forward, but for now, don't rush it. I was speaking with a lady who lost her mom a couple years ago, and she kept working straight through afterwards for about a year, but then ended up taking a year off. She said it ate up all of her savings, "but it was well worth it to take the year off." Some people can choose to do that, and some are forced to.

Either way, sometimes the body will force the mind to come to terms with its grief. I wish you all the best. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Your tears will come out at unsuspected times! I feel for you. Isn't the first part of grieving denial? I didn't deny it. I don't think? It's just hard to believe that she's not here.

Es, my sympathies go out to you! I don't know how long it's going to take for me to get it together. My mother's death was so unexpected. She died from something that could of been prevented. I guess, I have guilt about that.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

bttt!

(((MsMcD)))

I can't say I fully understand how you feel, but maybe partly. Just an idea but would your doc be able to refer you for bereavement counselling, or are there any support groups you could get in contact with?

These feelings will pass, and come back, and pass again. Like stepping stones - try to keep focused on the next stone rather than the deep waters in between

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit