How "Strict" was the mentality in your congregation?

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JK666
    JK666

It depended on if the elders had a wild hare up their rear. Occasionally the lynch squad would come out, and look at me with a microscope. I wasn't good at being a yes man.

JK

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

WTW, Man.

Dude, I'd think you sounded a bit paranoid if I hadn't seen a lot of the same type stuff myself.

No wonder you are so vitriolic, I mean geesh.

They sound like they were extremely suspicious of you, while simultaneously wanting as much of your labor as possible.

Well you go get em, WTW, and feel free to pm me that myspace if you want me to give it a look.

RD

• JayAre
    JayAre

Single brothers couldn't go in service with single sisters for fear they'd hop into the nearest hedge to have a spot of hows-your-father. Also, a lone brother couldn't give a lone sister a lift in his car to the meeting. As a child, I was often a chaperone for meeting pick-ups.

• JH
    JH
    Also, a lone brother couldn't give a lone sister a lift in his car to the meeting.

That's true

Once I saw a girl hitchhiking, and I picked her up, and an elder living 1 street away saw me.... His eyes popped out of his head, and never said anything about it.

• vitty
    vitty

I think it depends on the PO, ours was pretty normal but...............A married brother and his wife and I decided to axillary pioneer . Well on a couple of occasions his wife was ill and didnt come with us......so we just just carried on , until a brother "discovered " our indiscretions and haled him over the coals about it. I mean I would never have done a dirty deed with him...........but anyway we were not allowed to travel together alone..............I never told hubby cos he would have gone berserk that anyone was accusing me of doing anything other than spiritual stuff. I mean he was ugly !!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit