God and your own thoughts

by serotonin_wraith 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

My mind used to be fragmented and noisy but time has hushed the voices and now they all speak with one voice (kind of creepy sounding) but I Believe in one source for all energy so I dont know if that qualifies as God > My own mind used to frighten me with its thoughts but now I know they are just thoughts and not really ME > I spend my solitude comtenplating reallity and enjoy it immensly!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I made God in my own image.

• eclipse
    eclipse

You and the other bible writers, JD

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Interesting thread.

I am of a rather "noisy mind" sort, and I do believe this has played an important role in my religious trajectory, both through and past theism. Not that it makes you believe in "God" or not, but it determines a particular articulation of thinking and living which, in turn, will make you a specific kind of believer or unbeliever. The kind which may be very sensitive to religious or philosophical teaching but will not be easily detained by arguments of authority. A friend of mine once told me, "nobody can convince you except yourself". (My reply back then was, "isn't it the case of everybody, ultimately?" -- but now I understand that this was probably wrong.)

Also, there may be some truth to the idea that mythmaking is, in part, an exteriorisation (or exorcism?) of mind talk, notwithstanding its other causes (sociological, for instance).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit