Has any body ever read this book "Lamb" by Christopher Moore?

by ldrnomo 10 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

It's a great book If you have a sense of humor about God and Christ in fact he quotes Voltare in the begining

"God is a comedian playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh"

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Great book. One of my faves.

tall penguin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I actually borrowed TP's copy of it and I must say I really enjoyed it!

Kwin

• sosad
    sosad

I read it and had fun with it - but I know some would not if it (religioun/ history of Christianity) is too sensitive or serious an issue

• Spectre
    Spectre

I haven't read it yet but I have a copy.

It's even signed.

• Tara
    Tara

No, but it sounds like a good one and I have added it my list of books to read.

• tonic
    tonic

I read it and laughed a great deal. Definitely worth reading.

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Is that one subtitled "the Gospel According to Biff"? If it is, I've read it a few times. I love it! Mr. Witness HATES it! I think I'll get a new copy and re-read it!!

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I have, I've read all of his books and Lamb is probably his best one followed by A Dirty Job.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I read it, and immensely enjoyed the first part of the book. I think he had a great idea, but faltered when trying to stretch it out trying too hard to match the story to bible events. The whole trip abroad was entertaining, but I immediately started to mentally disconnect Joshua from his role as the story flipped from satire to fantasy. Then at the end, I felt like I was reading a book of the bible rather than a story.

Fun book, but could have been alot better in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit