TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF

by REBORNAGAIN 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Here's a new topic. Tell us in what ways you were taken advantage of during your stint within the borg.

Me? I had sisters involved in these residual income companies (e.g. Shaklee, Amway, Melaluca) wanting my business just to increase their profits and when I decided, no this is not for me, they dropped me like a hot potato. I wasn't contributing to their profits. GREEDY.....that's all they were. They wanted no more to do with me after that. And at the meetings, it was only a hello, if even that. I felt DF, so when I offically was...I was ok with it....I felt that way already.

LINDA

• oompa
    oompa

I had several sisters that only wanted me for my body.....that's right.....

sex.....oompa

I HATE being taken advantage of!!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I felt very used as a teenager. I was a good little dub, very polite and respectfull. This made it so people would use me....It would be a sister in her 20-30's with kids, asking me if I wanted to come over and "hang out" (awwwwwww.....how sweet) Then she would say...could you watch the kids awhile...I just need to do this or that, go here or there. Uhhhhhh, sure. real sweet sisters.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Shaklee - OMG! When I was a kid my parents got into this get rich quick scam and ended up with a basement full of shaklee crap. They also went to see some quack in NC that claimed he could look in their eyes and dx all ailment they would eventually come down with. Too bad he didn't see the stroke or heart disease my dad ended up with or the embolism my mom eventually had. He even had them taking garlic enemas twice a day! WTF??? That is alone with a boatload of vitamins that he distributed, what a bunch of bull s$%(

Needless to say mom and dad lost money we didn't have in the first place and ended up with a boatload of stuff no body wanted!

nj

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

BTW, one of those sisters who was the main Honchoess in that business, apparently earned enough to put herself through schooling and is now a certfied massage therapist with her own office. What happened to her claim that we need to devote ALL of our time in service? Her hubby is/was the PO in that cong. I don't know if he still is, I left that cong. in 1999.

LINDA

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen
    This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2007)
    Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources.
    Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed.

The Scapegoat by William Holman Hunt, 1854. Hunt had this framed in a picture with the quotations "Surely he hath borne our Griefs and carried our Sorrows; Yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of GOD and afflicted." (Isaiah 53:4) and "And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited." (Leviticus 16:22)

The scapegoat was a goat that was driven off into the wilderness as part of the ceremonies of Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, in Judaism during the times of the Temple in Jerusalem. The rite is described in Leviticus 16.

The word is more widely used as a metaphor, referring to someone who is blamed for misfortunes, generally as a way of distracting attention from the real causes. Another term for scapegoat is fall guy.

I beleive I was taken advantage of by the elders to bear the sins of the congregation for two reasons. I was popular, and I had no protection. The perfect person to make an example of with no repurcussions. This way, they could always have someone to point the finger at, while the elders sons and daughters carried on like animals and lied about their actions.

In my last post on your thread about outrageous experiences, I mentioned that International model fellow. Well after I left, they picked him as the scapegoat. He was the type that attracted attention as well, and his parents were in no way tied to the ( Lynch mob)- elders. As I said he was sat at the back of the Kingdom hall for 15 years. It actually became almost a joke in the congregation. I'm so glad I had the guts to leave, cuz without question that would have been me, and for a while it was.

He used to try hangin with me for a while, and his mother sought me out and begged me not to be around him. Ya, like I'm the evil corruptor! Screw off lady.

I don't know about other congs, but this is the way it worked in my cong. It wouldn't suprize me if other congregations behave this way too. Dam hippocrates.

Some of these geeky little retards that were sons and daughters of the elders all got the best picks for marriage by killing the competition. Thanks daddy! Then these jokers became elders at a young age. Very young.

Please help me brother juvenile, degenerate, daddy's boy. I need some advice?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My ex's family would chase after every get rich scam that crossed their path. They were quick to contact us as my primary duties in my company was sales. You name it. LCI, Prime-america, Quarom. They usually ended up with a closet full of junk and lots of wasted time harrassing and annoying the congregation into joining up.

Every now and then I have a brother who calls me and invites me to these seminars. Since I have moved out of the area most don't know I am inactive.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They did want ever more out of me. They hounded me to pioneer and to go to Beth Hell. And, they wouldn't let me meet the opposite sex in any meaningful way, so they could have a single brother to serve where the "need" is greater without distractions. Yet they wanted me to use regular knowledge and apply it to help those with families, and at that in ways that were so blatantly specious as to make absolutely no sense to me. All I ever got out of it was that they wanted to deprive me of ever marrying or having children, but they wanted me to reward them for it.

Well, here's your reward for it, Watchtower Society and congregation:
    APOSTASY!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Linda,

What you experienced is not uncommon. This is what they are all about: exploitation. I found out early on that if certain people there can't use/defraud/con you, they have no use for you. I work full time and I got the distinct message that certain people there thought I 'owed' them something. Some of them are very jealous and covetous of other people's money and possessions.

This is the bottom line about what this religion is all about.

LHG

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

scum of the earth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit