The Universal court case is rigged.........or unwinnable.

by Iron Rod 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It's interesting that the JW reasoning as to why humans are suffering, why JVHV allowed Satan, Adam and Eve to live does not in any way come from the bible. It is from the WT. It is necesarry to have to explain the very logical and reasonable questions that arise. Why DIDN'T he just destroy the bastards and start over? "Oh, we know... it is because of the vastly superior angels needed to have the questions that would have arisen answered...." Oh. It only makes sense if you don't ask the follow ups, like,

Where in the bible does it say that the angels were involved in this court case? WHAT F***ING COURT CASE???? The answers to these questions paint JVHV/YHWH/ADONAI as meaner then the writers themselves portray them....

The bible doesn't of course contain the answers to these made up questions. There are holes in this holey book. And ALL religions, incl JW's, have spackle to fill in the holes. Ask a question, there is an answer. If the answer can't be found in the bible, a "parallel" account can be found with some "direction". If that fails, then the ruling body, because they are the one group with exclusive claims to wisdom and gods direction, give their opinion, which becomes law.

TADA! I don't think the bible is any different then any other scary religous book in the world. I rejected them out of hand because of their illogicy. I just got to the bible last.....

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

One more thought... If JVHV thought it necesarry to to "handle" sin by letting Satan and sinful humans have their time, he must have known that this was a possibility. Had to. So he always knew that suffering was a possibility... (if you buy into the story) That means that ALL ALONG, the Almighty KNEW this would happen, all the suffering, all the misery... Sort of argues against him being loving...

I don't buy it. And if he wants my worship and if he really does exist, he should MERIT my worship. Not without some good RATIONAL explanations from the big guy himself that I can record and put on YouTube and CNN will I ever worship again.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Hey Jehovah

If it makes you happy......
    then why the hell are you so mad

• M.J.
    M.J.

"Jehovah's sovereignty will be vindicated"

to whom does Jehovah need to prove something to? Is all this just a big demonstration for the angels? or for Satan? For the wicked? It doesn't matter, they're dead.

The good already recognize his sovereignty. So what was the point again?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This belief is a product of Rutherford's brain. Naturally a lawyer would tackle the problem of theodicy by imagining such a court case. That it is not internally consistent demonstrates only that Rutherford was not a deep thinker.

• Iron Rod
    Iron Rod

Hey Narkissos, I meant to say this in my last post,but I forgot. Thanks for correctly pointing out that this is a JW-specific doctrine. I should have specified that. I supposed that "I was carried away in the power of the spirit"and painted with too broad a brush.

Also.....It's been said that "Brevity is the soul of wit." You are a great example of that. You nailed my point more effectively in a few lines than I did in a couple of dozen.I've noticed that you have a way of doing that........

Thanks again!

• TheListener
    TheListener

If God hadn't confused our languages we would have been capable of anything we put our mind to.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    If God hadn't confused our languages we would have been capable of anything we put our mind to.

Yeah, this is Fred Franz thinking. At Gilead, one of the instructors said that Franz had opined man was only a few hundred years away from nuclear weapons at the time of the confusing of the languages... Babylon was only a few hundred years away from inventing Times Square, Baghdad style!!!!!

Yeah, building a high rise means you are on the door step of splitting the atom. Pleeeeze...

Why do you think if we are created in gods image and god is the one that supposedly created our wonderful minds, why is it that god doesn't want us to explore our minds fully? To ask questions? To seek answers? To say that the emperor has no clothes?

The bible doesn't have answers to any of this. And no, to contradict this myth, languages weren't confused by YHWH. Man developed them as they spread out over the earth over several thousand years..... You can see evidence of this in the USA. Just get someone from the deep south, LA, Boston and Texas together in the same room. (throw in 2 others from Glasgow and London just for fun...) Yeah, they are all speaking English, and that is about where the similarties end. Do you know why there are such marked differences? Because they all live thousands of miles apart. Language reacts to geography, not made up mystical invisible gods in the skies....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit